66 or 67 W200 slant 6 with Power steering in the junk yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 or 67 W200 slant 6 with Power steering in the junk yard

Is this something worth pulling off? All I see right now is the p/s pump, and pulleys, could not see if there is a ram under the truck due to snow, and ice.

I would be grabbing all of it.

Comment

I agree, I would grab all of it, I would grab the entire truck. Does it have the large Knuckle front axle?
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
        I agree, I would grab all of it, I would grab the entire truck. Does it have the large Knuckle front axle?
        I am considering asking what they want for it...... And I have not looked it over too closely. (how does one discern the large/small knuckle front end?)

What is a reasonable price for a complete truck, that does not have any sheetmetal worth saving?

Comment

You can count the number of bolts on the back side of the knuckle itself, I believe the counts are 8 or 12 bolts on the back side of the felt retainer.
          if you look at the knuckle cap itself the bolt pattern is significantly larger, take a look at your own truck and use it as a comparison guide. If you know which one you have snap a picture of it in your phone and take it with you.
          you can always check the door jamb of the truck also, sometimes it will reveal what the truck has for options, as long as someone didnt swap it out along the way.
          On my 67 the tag is on the drivers side lower back portion of the cab itself.
          As far as price, I guess that depends on the chassis itself, and what parts remain. A good set of axles and an NP201 transfer case are fairly valuable by themselves anymore. Spare driveshafts never hurt to have lying around and so on.
          If the parts are all there and look to be in decent shape in my opinion 1,000 dollars isnt out of the question. But, always try and get the best deal you can especially if you have found a diamond in the rough. Good luck and post pictures of this junkyard treasure.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

I will bring a camera with me on the next visit, and talk with them about price.

Comment

How did it turn out?

Comment

They will let it go for $500. I may be mostly interested for the sheetmetal it will provide, and Not feel too bad about cutting it up b/c there is very little left. Thinking it will be a late october project, where I ether go and part the truck in the yard, or have a flat bed move it here.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you're specifically after the PS set up, it'll be an aftermarket unit, as there was no factory PS option available on W Series trucks of those years.

John

Comment

Working...
                  X