1968 W100 Spring options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 W100 Spring options

Does anyone know if any later model Mopar truck springs inter change with a 68 w100? My springs are fatigued and should be replaced . My local spring shop is good but,. the cost of new springs is pricey .They would be custom built. looking for options to that approach.

61-68 W series used a taller spring than 69-71 W series. I think the W series were taller across the board than D series. Plus you have variations between 100/200/300. 72-93 W series had front leafs that were close, but then again there were differences between 100/200/250/300/350, plus Cummins trucks had yet another size spring. Also you could have similar springs (length,width,leaf count) but have different bushing diameters.

I would take measurements from yours & go from there. Keep in mind that springs you find in a junkyard will likely be just as fatigued/sagging as yours.

Bucky

Comment

thanks for the info. I was thinking an alternative new spring that was not custom. I was not thinking salvage yard. I didn't say that in my post. The bushings are a good point

Comment

www.eatondetroitspring.com
        www.espo.com

These two have been recommended by others on the Sweptline forum.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
        X