1964 Dodge W300 4bt swap/build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Dodge W300 4bt swap/build

Well I figured I’d join this forum and share my build here as well. My son and I have been working on this truck since around March and we have swapped in a 4bt Cummins and a GM NV4500 as well as GM Axles a 14 bolt SRW rear and GM Dana 60 front. We also swapped in a 76 model Dodge Redhead steering gear reverse rotation power steering box. I made a custom drag link and bought a new power steering arm. It also has an international NP202 Tcase and has a dual diaphragm Ford brake booster and master cylinder and front and rear disc brakes. I have the build on YouTube Dan in the Dirt is my channels name. I’ll post more about the build as I go along.

Welcome to the forum!! I will check out your youtube video once the holiday clears. Sounds like quite a project.

Merry Christmas Dan!

Bucky

Comment

Thank you we just finished retubing and lengthening the rear driveshaft yesterday and now on the hunt for the missing drivers door lock cylinder. I just hope we can find it so I don’t have to by a whole new set with keys ugh

Comment

First place I'd look is inside the door itself. You can get one from another vehicle & have a locksmith rekey it to match you others. But beware, Dodge used at least two different types of door cylinders during the Sweptline era.

Bucky

Comment

Ya I’ll have to take the other lock cylinder off to look and see which type I have I’ll look in the door to see if it’s laying in there the door was messed with because of bad star wheel I have a take off I got at a junk yard to put on. The place was very pricey and almost 2 hrs away plus I have to take off the parts so not worth going back there. I have to do some organizing in the shop n shed today so hopefully we can figure out if I had it in the first place. I was trying to see if they have any aftermarket cylinders that fit the doors?

Comment

Well no luck in finding the lock cylinder guess it wasn’t with the door parts when I bought the truck

Comment

Working...
            X