'68 W300 in need of cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '68 W300 in need of cab

I've been working on a '68 W300 I aquired a few months ago. Got all the gauges working, front end rebuilt, carbuerator lined out, wipers, lights, oil leaks, power steering plan lined out among other little things. You know how it goes. Pulled it out of the shop and took it out for a short test drive. In retrospect I knew the cab was pretty far gone, but I thought it would make it a year or two until I could hunt up and prep a good cab. A couple of miles down the road I noticed the drivers door really started to rattle. I looked up and saw that the A-post had broken away from the top of the cab and the door was falling down at the back. Here is the question, I live in southern Illinois and haven't found any kind of a cab so far. From what I can tell from past articles any sweptline cab from any size will work(I am a pipeline welder so I'm not afraid of a little fabricating). Has anyone put a 78-93 style cab on one of these chassis? I like the look and simplicity of the old cab, that's how I made so much progress before, you can work on it. I dont care alot about keeping it strictly original just getting it on the road. It would be alot more impressive though if anyone can point me to a cab somewhere in my tri-state area though. Thanks.

If changing cab any 61-68 will work with no wireing changes,
    the door handles and latches ane different on the 66 back
    69 to 71 cab will have a manual clutch and different wire harness.

you can use a 1/2 ton up cab but will have to cut the floor hump out
    patteren is there, and move the hole for steering colume

Don't know haw any of the newer stuff lines up

Comment

w-300 cab

i found a bunch of w- series in utah theres a cab, but the owner wanted to sell 2 trucks as a package heres some pics
      http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...ower%20wagons/

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the information. I've got my eye on a couple of old farm trucks in the corner of a shed. They have very little rust and good glass. I'm gonna try that angle first.

Comment

Working...
        X