Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutus

Hi Everyone,

Here is a picture of one of my trucks. I call this one Brutus.
    I really named the truck before I found it. Had to find a truck to fit the name. He is cloaked as a 1984 3/4t Dodge. Was a 2 wheel drive truck painted silver with red interior.
    Under the hood rests a 440, with a 727 Auto and a NP-205 transfer. Rear axle is a Dana 70, front is a Dana 60. Geared at 4:10.
    Tires he is wearing now are some Michelin 11r16's type "S"
    yes they really are type "S".
    he is also sporting some looks/badging from a muscle car.
    I have never verified if the block is a true 440Mag.
    I don't use him much other then driving around. He is a little tempermental and won't start after I run him for short distances.
    Needs a whole new ignition system and I don't have the money
    just yet nor what exactly to buy him.

Future plans, I really bought him for the drivetrain. I had thoughts of putting the drivetrain under a 41 or 42 PW. But I can't find a cab/front clip which is affordable nore the fact that many people would not like such a chop. I have since obtained a 1979 Plymouth Trailduster which is pretty much rust free.
    My plan would be to take the drivetrain from the pick-up and put it under the trailduster with a few modifications.
    re-gear the axles to 4:89 or higher depending on final tire size.
    I would like to be between 40 and 50" tire diameter.
    Need lockers of some sort. I also plan on a double transfercase.

Well that is the plan... we shall see.

pieter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pieter; 07-10-2005, 12:37 AM.

Pieter Looks like you got the name right on that truck, BRUTUS. It looks like a real bad boy there. The Trailduster build sounds like a plan and would be cool also. What drivetrain is in the Trailduster? Do you have a place close to play in with those trucks? I can't wait to go to the Monteagle rally in TN or back out to Vermont. You owe it to yourself to go to Vermont at least once. Keep up the good job and keep us posted on your progress. You are or aren't going to Iowa this year?

Comment

Plymouth Trailduster

Hey everyone...

Here is an update of one of my other trucks. 1979 Plymouth Trailduster. Truck came out of New Mexico so it is almost 100% rust free. Plus with the full removable top, it's going to be a blast...

Took it for it's last drive today in it's original state. The next drive it will be sporting a 440, dana 60 front, dana 70 rear and 11r16's... ;o)

Pieter
      Last edited by pieter; 07-10-2005, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Try the photo again
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pieter; 07-10-2005, 12:32 AM.

Comment

BRUTUS, nice ride!

I like the TraiDuster, I had a lead on a 77 Power Wagon Ramcharger with a dead 383 and removable top, but she was in sad shape.

Good Luck!
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Here is a picture of my "Brutus". Name I called it after I used it to make my own trial "through" the bush.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Pieter, good looking machines!

That hard starting problem sounds like 'heat soak' or 'percolation. This often happens due to engine heating up and when it's shut off all of the gas in the carb or fuel line, or both, percolates into vapors that can't be pumped through carb circuits. A phenolic or aluminum spacer under the carb and re-routing all fuel lines, filters etc. away from hot engine parts will usually solves the problem.

I like the MSD 6AL for ignition upgrade but it's pricey. Instant starting and better power from a stop with fuel economy improvement. However the stock Chrysler electronic ignition is fully able to give excellent performance and driveability. The other option is a Pertronix module.
              jimmieD

Comment

Sounds like the timing is set a tad to high on the 440.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by morpar
                  Here is a picture of my "Brutus". Name I called it after I used it to make my own trial "through" the bush.
                  What make and size tires are those? Looks great!
                  MN

Comment

Tires...

Those are Michelin 11.00-16's with the "NATO" (French) pattern tread.

Comment

I thought that may have been them, thanks!
                      Happy New Year to you and your family!
                      MN

Comment

Working...
                      X