Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New life/chapter in truck's history

Hi All:

Thought some of you may be interested that my 65-year-old Dodge is still working- I use it for one of my side jobs, which is repairing old vehicles (trucks and cars); so far Dodges, Internationals, and Chevys/GMC's. I keep most of my tools in it. Whenever I show up at a job, the client is always impressed, some more than others.

A mechanic's service body would have been better for this, of course, but I hadn't planned on this side job, nor are those bodies plentiful for the period (anyone has one or knows where one is on the West Coast of the U.S., PLEASE let me know!!).

Pictured is a '64 Dodge D-100 (1/2 ton 2wd) with a frozen piston due to water ingress into the #2 cylinder. I have since removed and replaced the piston (cleaning and honing the cylinder as best I could), rebuilt the carb, replaced the points, condenser, fuel pump, brake master cylinder, and gotten it running well enough to drive around the block. It has an automatic transmission with pushbutton gear selector (no "PARK"). The owner will be making this a birthday present to his wife(!).

-Ken J
    Attached Files

I have a 6' Powers Utility Body that still has no home to be mounted on. There are no holes for fuel tanks. There are no ID tags remaining, so I can't verify the age. Measurements are 6' wide by 6' 2" long, 38" from front of the body to the center line of the wheel well. Maybe this would work for you?

Russell in Placerville

Comment

Russell:

Thanks for showing the body- it looks good, but I'm only interested in a military body.

Thanks again and good luck with it!

-Ken J

Comment

There is a military body advertised on the Sacramento Craigslist. It made the rounds here and was heavily duscussed last year.

Maybe this will serve:
        http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1704225674.html

Cheers,
        Russell

Comment

Working...
        X