1948 B1PW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 B1PW

This is how I found my PW, my son and I have cut away the trees and tarped it. It is patiently waiting while I restore a 1952 M37 for its turn in the garage. I intend making a full restoration of the truck, everything is there except the driver's side headlight bucket and the tailgate. It began in Detroit purchased in Nebraska and has been sitting in the woods in Arkansas since 1971.
    James G.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rumplecat; 02-25-2004, 06:53 AM.

A diamond in the rough, sitting in the woods waiting for someone with vision.......Keep us posted James.

Comment

MAN, I LOVE IT!!

I LOVE THE TREES GROWING THROUGH THE FRONT BUMPER!! That's just a great photo to hang on the wall when you get it out and all restored!!! Take it to a show with some 'before' and 'after' shots!!

Dana

Comment

Trees a-growing

Dana - You said it!! I agree. The befores and afters are a hit with me.

James - Is this the same truck that is in need of higher ground???

Comment

Same Truck

This is the one and only, for now. It looks like I may be buying a parts truck out of Oklahoma this weekend if everything goes as it should.
          James G.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good thing you had it tarped. Might have gotten wet inside if not :-) Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck w/ the resurection. Kurt

Comment

How will you be able to see....

With those trees growing out of the front bumper? It will be especially rough during the summer when those things are in bloom. :)

Did anyone notice the slick NDT? That is a lot of miles to be putting on those tires, in that small cab. Someone has a lot of good memories, and may not even know it.

Comment

PW

I love these stories/pictures of rescued trucks. I'm still waiting to find one to rescue in this manner. I have an M37, but I bought it from a mil/veh rally, so in essence it didn't really feel like a rescue per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana Singsaas View Post
                  I LOVE THE TREES GROWING THROUGH THE FRONT BUMPER!! That's just a great photo to hang on the wall when you get it out and all restored!!! Take it to a show with some 'before' and 'after' shots!!

Dana

x2!

Comment

Working...
                  X