85,Crew,Prospector,FINALLY !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85,Crew,Prospector,FINALLY !

Well I just got back from a 2000km[1250mi] road trip to check out and put a deposit on this beaut in Billings Mt.
    Now..do I ship it back or do the trip again and haul it?
    Family owned since new.,Rust free.
    $1800u.s,,finally ! I've been looking since Nov 09 for the right one.
    85,350 1 Ton, 360 , 4 spd,Dana60s frt\rear

WOW!! That is a beauty. I am very envious. Me personally, I would ship it back but I don't have a lot of free time.

Comment

Man I am happy for you! Good looking truck & for a good price. Got some goodies too......Dana 60 front & 4-speed, my favs in a light duty truck. Nice aftermarket wheels to boot.

Bucky

Comment

thanx dudes, any line on a service manual specific to this rig would be helpful.
        oh, and is my new happy song in bad taste ? see if you recognize it.
        -" It's the Dodge, the Big Bad Dodge, The Bambi Hunterrr."

Comment

84 not 85

whoops, I stand corrected, it's an 84.

Comment

Nice find.....and I would imagine a fairly rare truck in that configuration....looks pretty straight other than the tailgate, ...an easy fix.

I used McNutt Transport (Google them) for a haul from Idaho to New England and was very happy with there service and price. Good luck with the truck.

Comment

GVW ? Of Crew w350

So does any know the Gvw of this truck, so If I haul it I know the trailer can take it. Current owner says door jam tag is worn off. He says on the title it says 020ton what's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyp View Post
                So does any know the Gvw of this truck, so If I haul it I know the trailer can take it. Current owner says door jam tag is worn off. He says on the title it says 020ton what's that all about?
                Are you asking for the curb weight of the truck so you can haul it? I'd believe its safe to say that its 6000lbs or less.

I'd believe the title would say 2000lbs (which is 1 ton) for the payload capacity.

GVW rating would be weight of truck plus passengers,cargo,fuel,payload,etc. Should be about 10,000lbs. The 4th digit of your VIN will tell you GVWR.

Bucky

Comment

patience paid off

No rust is a BIG plus.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                    No rust is a BIG plus.
                    just the paint on 1 end of the tail is rusted off as the old guy took it off and had it standing up in the dirt for awhile against his fence.
                    Patience..ya-man, I was getting kinda twitchy thinking I would never find one.
                    and then boom there it was on Craigslist ,I had visited many times every week for months, I can't believe he let it go for just $1800, glad I took the advice to wait as some of the others I looked at would have been disappointing to say the least.
                    thanx again
                    Andy

Comment

Get it shipped

you got a great price, consider your self ahead of the game. use the money you saved and get it shipped. let the pros fetch it while you clean out a nice spot in the garage. lets not fumble the ball now that your in the endzone. complete the $ transaction and get that title in your hands. I'm from NYC I dont trust anyone.

Comment

ez crossing the line,blk sheep we be

A little bit of faxin' and the title should be clear.
                        It's over 15 yrs[26] old ,so crossing the line is a -non issue-
                        All looks clear & cool so far and May 22 will be the road trip to haul it.
                        We've figger'd out buddys mpg hauling it back and including that ,food motel,beer..it'll be cheaper to do it ourselves vs shipping.
                        I am still unsure that my little town of Strathmore Alberta is ready for such a machine....moowhaaaahaa[sinister laff]
                        But at the very least ,I've Always had the most identiyiful truck in the county,-always-..my Ramchargers were legendary..
                        every 1 else has a Z-71 Chevy, now ? really? how much fun is that? bbooorring
                        here's an Andy-ism for ya

A Black Sheeps Wool is worth less at market;
                        And yet it takes the same time and effort to raise it.
                        -BUT , when you look at a
                        herd of sheep the black one will be the one that catches your eye everytime.
                        That's why I run Mopar
                        just my 2 bits
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X