My 74 crew cab!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 74 crew cab!

I purchased this truck back in January and have been messing with it ever since. It was a southern California service truck. 360, 727, with divorced transfer case. It had 36,000 on it when I bought it. I have replaced the 2 barrel intake and carb with an Offenhauser intake, edelbrock carb, Headman headers and dual exhaust. I redid the bed as the old wood was rotted out. I put 35's on it and a 3 inch lift. Now I am putting a 440 in it! Here are some pictures of what I have done so far and I will get some updated ones of the 440 swap underway.

Comment

Comment

wow

that is one sweet 74 crew. I love bright white trucks. the bed came out great

Comment

power wagon sticker?

where did you get that Dodge Power Wagon Sticker in the windshield?

Comment

Thank you very much! I have been searching for a truck like this for years. When I'm done (LOL!) it will be better than any new truck you will ever get to buy. I did not put the sticker in the window it was there before I bought it. Sorry! If you are interested I have a fella that rents the extra space on the back of my shop that cuts all our decals for all our customers vehicles. I will ask him what he'd charge me to make a couple up.

Comment

running boards

35 inch tires and a 3 inch lift . do you ever wish you had a step, rock rail, or runningboard. looks wize I prefer no boards, but I'm not the only one hopping in and out. Maybe I just haven't seen all the types of boards available.

Comment

Yes I am going to make a nerf bar type step for it. The wife and kids need it more than I do. LOL! I am also going to build a winch bumper and a nice rear bumper.

Comment

Hoppy, you surely do know how to make a feller drool on himself!!! what a great looking truck!! Dave.

Comment

Dave thanks a bunch! I am painting the engine bay and 440 over the next few days. Once the 440 swap is done my next project is front seat conversion to a 96 extended cab with the folding arm rest. And you know while the front seat is out I might as well paint the inside of the cab white and rhino line the floors. LOL! Amazing how one project leads to another. I have located a donor truck with good inner door skins and a great dash in it. I don't know how much the truck is going to cost me to pick up but I'm working on him.
                    Future plans are nerf bars, bumpers, and a rear seat light bar and lights. After all modifications are done I will repaint the whole truck. I know it looks like a nice job in the pictures it really is an amature job. The guys and I in the shop will fix that.
                    I would like to put a folding rear seat like something out of a conversion van. The kind that folds down into a bed type like a futon. If anyone has any suggestions on something like that I would appreciate any and all ideas.

Comment

Beaut

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                      where did you get that Dodge Power Wagon Sticker in the windshield?
                      That is a sweet one dude & I'd be into a couple of them stickers as well .
                      Andy
                      84-W350 Crew

Comment

I find I have to come back here and look at this truck each time I log on.

Just the other day, I told a friend that "I really just don't have anything that I think I 'need' right now".

-Sigh-

That's got to be the ideal - family, go to the woods truck ...

very nice

Comment

Copper thank you very much! I am building this truck for exactly that a woods, and family, daily driver type of truck. I am an avid hunter and our family spends quite a bit of time outdoors horse back riding, hunting, fishing, camping. I also have hunting dogs and I should have room to take all my family and friends when we go now. I will pull a camper, horse trailer, and a fishing boat as well as drive many miles of two tracks. It will take me awhile to get it all just right but when I'm done it should be quite a ride.

Comment

I forgot to ad to those that asked about the sticker in the window. I can have those made and sent to you for about $20-$25 depending on your location if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
                              I forgot to ad to those that asked about the sticker in the window. I can have those made and sent to you for about $20-$25 depending on your location if anyone is interested.
                              I'd be interested as well. Would white be the only color of lettering or could something else be specified if enough people wanted them? But the white looks just fine for me.

How hard are they to apply?

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                              X