New 78 Power Wagon club cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 78 Power Wagon club cab

Hi folks. Wanted to post my before pics of the new truck. It's a 78 W200 club cab w/440, 727 trans, dana 60's front and rear. Missing most of interior. Got a lot of work ahead. Anybody know of an original bench seat, and or anything red let me know Located in Lancaster PA. Glad to be driving a PW

Good looking truck. Must not be an original PA truck? All the PA trucks I've seen are RUSTY. My first PW was a new 78 W 200 with a 360. I loved the full time even though most people wanted to swap to part time. No way, it was great on hit and miss snow covered roads and if it got hairy just loc it in. Just wondering about the clear turn lenses since mine were amber. Might be an early 78 because the 77's were clear. My Dad had a 77 Club Cab D 200 also. As for a seat I would think a late model seat could be installed with little trouble maybe even with power. I loved my 78. Maroon over silver. What do you have in store for yours? I can't say that I go for the green engine.

Comment

78 Power Wagon

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      Good looking truck. Must not be an original PA truck? All the PA trucks I've seen are RUSTY. My first PW was a new 78 W 200 with a 360. I loved the full time even though most people wanted to swap to part time. No way, it was great on hit and miss snow covered roads and if it got hairy just loc it in. Just wondering about the clear turn lenses since mine were amber. Might be an early 78 because the 77's were clear. My Dad had a 77 Club Cab D 200 also. As for a seat I would think a late model seat could be installed with little trouble maybe even with power. I loved my 78. Maroon over silver. What do you have in store for yours? I can't say that I go for the green engine.
      Ron, thanks. Good call on the turn lenses. The door jam says the year of manufacture was 77', but it's been titled as a 78' as far back as I can tell. Either mistake or real early 78' When I got it titled, I didn't even bring it up. Dodge records aren't too accurate either. My plans for the truck are to restore as much to original as possible. The trans, motor, and suspension are just fine. Can't see me lifting it any more. I am going to put bench seat in when I find one (feel a pickup should be bench) And most important, keep it out of the PA snow/salt. I'll be updating w/progress

Comment

Probably an early 78 then. Where did this one come from? How many miles on it? One thing that is a problem on those is the trim. There are studs welded to the body and the trim is held on with plastic clips. Be very careful if you remove the trim as the clips break and are very hard to find. The other thing is that the trim hold all the dirt and causes rust at the studs. When I repainted mine I removed all the trim and studs. If you do remove the trim at some point you push down and pull out at the bottom on the wide trim. The narrow top trim is a pain to start and will ruin a clip or two if your not easy with it. Been there, done that. Wish now I'd kept the trim and clips but you can't keep everything. If you want to give your truck a run I'm holding my Indiana Dodge truck rally the 15-16 this month. A friend is coming from Manhiem,PA in his 59 W 200. May hitch or run with him???

Comment

New 78 PW

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          Probably an early 78 then. Where did this one come from? How many miles on it? One thing that is a problem on those is the trim. There are studs welded to the body and the trim is held on with plastic clips. Be very careful if you remove the trim as the clips break and are very hard to find. The other thing is that the trim hold all the dirt and causes rust at the studs. When I repainted mine I removed all the trim and studs. If you do remove the trim at some point you push down and pull out at the bottom on the wide trim. The narrow top trim is a pain to start and will ruin a clip or two if your not easy with it. Been there, done that. Wish now I'd kept the trim and clips but you can't keep everything. If you want to give your truck a run I'm holding my Indiana Dodge truck rally the 15-16 this month. A friend is coming from Manhiem,PA in his 59 W 200. May hitch or run with him???
          Ron,
          This truck came from Ohio. She ran like a top on way back (all 5+ hrs) It was last listed as a sale on Ebay in 93' from Washington state. Hard to believe, not too much rust. The last owner passed away in auto crash, so I don't have any info that I would have wanted. The 440 was re-built, not sure if it was bored, and what size cam. The 727 feels like it has a shift kit, but not sure The miles say 43,761 on speedo. I'm guessing at least 143,000. I do have plans to paint, maybe next year. I'm big fan of the two tone, so I will probably stay with the red/white

I live in Manhiem/Lititz also. I'll have to keep a lookout for his 59. I'll try and make the rally next year. Can't on the 15th

Comment

77's had clear front lenses as did 78's made during late 77 calender year. Then went to amber, which I find more attractive. Since yours looks as good as it does, I think keeping the two-tone is a great idea.

Did Ebay even exist in 93?

Bucky

Comment

78 Power wagon

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
              77's had clear front lenses as did 78's made during late 77 calender year. Then went to amber, which I find more attractive. Since yours looks as good as it does, I think keeping the two-tone is a great idea.

Did Ebay even exist in 93?

Bucky
              Bucky,
              My bad - ebay 2003 From the printed listing from 03', the truck looked great. It had all the original dash, including what I think is either clock or tach. I agree that the two tone is the way to go. My dash piece is a silver color. Looks spray painted. Has anyone thought of having their dash dipped? Might be able to get it wood grain.

Comment

Working...
              X