Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '41 Wc12

1941 Dodge WC12

Not really special or all original but a good overall truck. I have so far been through the radiator, carb, brakes and just general maintenance. Truck will be converted to 12V next. No plans for a complete restoration at this time. I plan to enjoy the truck in it's current state. I still have the original wheel and tires but thought I would have better/easier service out of these. The truck has a two speed transfer case and 4 speed trans w/ 4.89 gears. The winch is definately not original but works well, I plan to leave it on the truck.

This truck holds a special meaning to me. That era, both machinery and people (troops) are valued and hold my utmost respect.

Enjoy!

Curt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mxpro; 03-14-2004, 05:59 PM.

Looks great. Tell me about those tires :-) Kurt

Comment

wheels/tires

Kurt - the wheels are from Stockton wheel. They are very heavy duty and I think they will do the job quite well. Let's just say I've not had good luck with split ring wheels and leave it at that. I kept them but I think these will be easier to service and repair if needed. The tires are TSL Swampers, they are radial tires and 8 ply (I think). I can verify the ply if needed. I read so many articles about tires, I was sick of reading. These are supposed to be good for low horsepower trucks, like mine. I haven't really tried them out yet but definately plan to. We have a trail ride scheduled for later next month. It will be my first outing with other trucks. They ride very well considering what they are mounted to. Here's a closer shot......

Curt
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a great combo. If you get a chance I would like the specs on the Stockton wheels (offset, width, powder coat?) and the tire size also. Thanks. Kurt

Comment

wheel/tire info.

wheels-
          Stockton Wheel
          16x7 - 5 on 6 7/8 spacing
          4.25" back spacing
          black powder coat

tires -
          TSL Swamper's
          34 x 9/16

Kurt - if you want prices, I can shoot you a PM. Not sure of posting prices here or not. Don't want ot upset anyone.

Curt

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't think they mind prices being posted here but you can email me at m37kh@aol.com Thank you very much. Your truck looks great. Kurt

Comment

I would like to know what they cost as well. My Email is solidrockinvestments@comcast.net

Thanks, I hope my will look as good.

Lee

Comment

Prices

Wheels - $165 each
                Tires - $104 each

Pretty dang expensive for what they are but I think they are built for the long haul.

Gordon, please delete if this causes any problems.

Thanks,
                Curt
                Last edited by mxpro; 03-17-2004, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Expensive? That's a pretty good tire price! Stockton Wheels have never been cheap, but they are good.
                  MN

Comment

Price

I was very happy with the tire price but the wheel price seemed high. Once I received the wheels, I knew why they were priced that way. The center plate is 1/2" thick and the machining looks really good, powder coat looks good as well. I think they are a quality wheel, we'll see.

Curt

Comment

WC12 not special?

Hi Curt
                      Not special, that's a great looking Dodge!
                      Especially in Europe they are very special because they are very rare. Like the winch!

After having owned a WC 52 and seeing a whole lot of them in our MV clubs I wanted something special so I bought a Technically but rusty WC21 and it's nearing completion.

It's also on this page. Check it out at the title;"showing off (WC21)".
                      Enjoy Olaf "Dutch"

Comment

Olaf, by not special I meant all original or super low miles or something like that. I love this truck and plan to one day give it to my boys. I enjoy working on it and driving it very much. I hope to fully restore the truck in 5-10 years when my boys are old enough.

Curt

Comment

Great looking truck, hope your boys appreciate it when they get older

Comment

Thanks!

Steve, as luck would have it, this truck is now for sale. You can check the for sale area and find out why. I have had a few people interested but nothing real serious. We still get it out 2-3 times a week and cruise around our property and backroads. My oldest found out just how hard the metal dash is last week as we did a small ditch crossing. It's all good, maybe nobody will buy it and I will be FORCED to keep it...........know what I mean??

Curt

Comment

thats a nice looking truck you got there.

Comment

Working...
                              X