Barn find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find?

Bought this from a friend of mine. been in barn since late 70's. His dad built it in the early 50's. They raised sheep and used it to clean the stalls out. It was built off a WW2 ambulance, appears to be a 1/2 ton judging by the axles, and single speed t-case. It has 4wd, 4w steering. The stock 4spd is bolted directly to t-case and sets behind the driver. The v4 wisconsin runs 2 hyd. pumps. One runs the hydraulics for the bucket and steering and the other powers the hydro. Yes, hydro. This has a foot pedal that controls fwd/rwd motion. The hydro motor is connected to the input shaft on trans. You still have full control of ground speed with the 4 speed this way. The operator sits on the original ambulance seat between the uprights for the bucket. there are 2 levers on the left for the hyd steering and 2 on the right for the bucket. It basically is a pre skidsteer design. Both axles are 1/2t steer axles. I don't have it running yet, but the eng is not stuck. I will try to get better pics of the hydro drive system. Roy
    Attached Files

That's an interesting contraption there Roy. Hope you get it operational again to have some fun with it. Looks like one for the " necessity is the mother of invention" files.

Comment

Really neat! Make it operational.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thank you gentlemen! My excuse to Mary for buying it is that I can use it for cleaning up around the property we are buying. I have a copy of a newspaper article about the family farm from 1958 which discusses it. The article says it is powered by a 1929 IH engine. My friend says he doesn't remember anything on it but the wisconsin so we are not sure when it was changed. Roy

Comment

Just a heads up if you didn't know but those V-4 Wisconsins are thirsty little devils. Good sound reasoning for buying it if you ask me.

Comment

Can't wait to see it at the next VPW Rally Roy!

Comment

In the top pic, the pump is at bottom left, hydro motor is at bottom right, trans an transfer case is at top of pic. Second pic is of t-case & park brake. tank at left side of pic is hyd. reservoir. Last pic is above operator seat. Fwd/rwd pedal is to the left, clutch pedal then brake pedal on right and the control levers on either side of seat. The clutch pedal I think may have been part of his first setup, which according to the 1958 article was a 1929 IH eng. Roy
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X