71 Adventurer SE - PW Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Adventurer SE - PW Clone

I have had this truck for about a month now. I am learning lots about it. It started life as a 71 D-100 Adventurer SE. Rather rare, about 500 made I am told. 2 owners back converted it to 4 wheel drive with parts from an 86. The 400 engine came from a 76 Cordoba. The truck is in excellent shape and has 56,000 documented miles, although that is really for just the body.

I really love this truck! It needs some suspension work, and something has to be done about the steering. The drivers front tire rubs on left turns.

Very minor surface rust, and original interior with the exception of Legendary seat covers.

That is a nice looking truck.

Comment

Very nice truck! For more info and to talk to other Adventurer owners, visit the Dodge Sweptline.org Forum

61-71 Dodge Truck Association
      MN

Comment

That is a fine looking truck. Is that steering manual or power assist? There's plenty of backyard fixits for manual steering, but I imagine it being an Adventurer, it's probably got power steering....if it's manual I can post you some tips and tricks. All of the trucks have some sort of steering stop, usually adjustable, that limits turning radius. You might have to back out that adjuster bolt to stop the rub. Also take a close look at your rims. I drove mine for a year and a half before I figured out I had two different offsets on the front wheels!

Comment

That is a good looking truck. The more I look at that body style the more I like it.

Comment

The last owner tried to explain how some of the steering stuff got moved because the drag link is on a different side of the axle in 86 compared to 71. So that is why the drivers wheel rubs the assist box on the outside of the frame. But the owner before him did the conversion, and he had only had the truck a year.

I am new to sweptline ownership, so this power assist thing is little trickier for me to fully grasp compared to my other Mopars with power steering.

I am learning, some the hard way. I am going to be replacing all the springs soon. They didn't swap the springs out right with the 86. The back sets about 2-3 inches to low. It is obviously missing some leafs. I am leaning towards the SkyJacker kit which will allow me to remove the block in the back and use only springs for lift.

Comment

Working...
            X