what do you think?
    back ground is my 62 404 unimog
    Attached Files

and 1 more
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for your help Gordon Maney

Comment

What do I think? I think it's a freakin' work of art! Marvelous, and something to pull out the Mog when it gets in too deep ha haha!

Comment

Looks like it has frame extensions on it. Did it used to have a winch?
          Running board looks pretty straight, most other parts intact. A great find. Thanks derek.

Comment

no it did not have one when i got it at least, now it has a big plow on it. it runs but has a slight knock so i think repower
            Attached Files

Comment

Still a work of art, but from this last angle it rather looks like 'Christine's' wicked twin?

Comment

nothing a little weld, paint and engine can't fix up
                give it a year and will see how she looks. LOL

thanks for the kind words fellows

i'll be asking lots of ? as i go along

Comment

Not to mention the relocated headlight buckets. A first for me.

Comment

Are the outlines in the windshield panes electric heaters???? If so , and they are military you have got something rare there! Don't let them out of your sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Watt
                      Are the outlines in the windshield panes electric heaters????
                      no they are not. they are a plastic film, long rotten away, i think it stops the windshield from fogging up in winter??

Comment

It's possible the plastic is original.
                        The plastic film is just about all most trucks got to accomodate winter in Canada. There were few heaters. The rag pickers would look at you real funny when a guy tried to get enough cold weather clothing out of them to go driving.

JD

Comment

location?

Derek
                          Where are you located? A friend of mine saw the pics of your truck and thought he recognized it .

Comment

I'm located in calgary, i picked up the truck a few months ago. I bought it as soon as i found it, they are hard to get and rare to find when you want one. Wife is still mad, i think its easier to ask to be forgiven, then to ask permision......so i thought). this stokes one off my 4 dream 4x4's of the list... i must own it...as soon as the willys is done i can start on this. i'm wanting to put a 6tb in it and more modern axles/tranny combo. i want the classic looks with modern conforts. i love the looks a guy gets when driving an old truck arround! :)

Comment

Derek
                              Apparently the truck he saw was just north of Hope BC heading towards the Fraser Canyon. It's gone and your pic showed up, so he thought that may be it.
                              Sounds like a fun project. Keep the forum updated on your progress.
                              I once rebuilt a '55 CJ3B with a ford 4 cylinder and oldsmobile 12" brakes. It went and stopped a whole lot better and was a real fun toy.

Comment

Working...
                              X