My truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My truck.

Here is my truck before i tore it apart down to the frame. Its a 47 or 46 i cant really remember which year. But it is a WDX.
    Attached Files

I DIG YOUR TRUCK I JUST GOT ONE MY SELF . I WAS WONDERING IF U HAD ANY PARTS OR A PARTS TRUCK FOR SALE OR MAYBE KNOWS SOMEBODY .COULD U LET ME KNOW. HERE IS MY EMAIL BLACKIRISH1977@YAHOO.COM

Comment

Hey, 4Wheeler,

Whole bunch of good truck there, and lots of great places to use it around Barstow!

So, is it still in the scattered parts stage? What are your plans for it? Let us know what's going on with it. Thanks for posting.

Say, Black Irish, check out the main Forums page and scroll down to the bottom and there's a 'parts for sale and parts wanted' forum on this site. You can post your specific, or even vague, needs there.

Irish, huh? Gets kinda lonely at the top, doesn't it!? Ah hahaha...
      JimmieD

Comment

yeah its still scattered all over my shop. I have to go through the axles brakes and then i have to have a friend straighten the frame. It ahd a big crane boom on front with heavyduty coilsprings that bent the fram rails. Then its off to be cleaned then i get to start body work. It needs alot of that. Its one of those long projects. I am gonna make it a useable restored truck. It wont be perfect but its gonna be nice. I have a list of people that want to drive it and ride in it. I just have to find time to work on it. Brian

Comment

That's a good project. I like the fact that you're going to use it. just like it was desinged to be used.

I know it's good to have some 100 point restoration vehicles for reference, and to preserve some pristine examples, but I really appreciate a good old truck that's got a few 'owies' from earning it's keep!

Looking forward to seeing progress pictures if you can, and of course the finished product!
          JimmieD

Comment

the body will be perfect i hope. but not everything will be original. I hope to lift it and lockers etc. Ill post pics of what it looks like now. at the frame stage.

Comment

Sorry about the top picture the film got messed up and it turned red but it is still good to look at.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Brian,

Helps to have the right toys, I mean tools! Great little cherry picker for pulling engines. I'm doing a full body swap on two trucks in the morning, with a buddies 20 ton boom crane!
                JimmieD

Comment

yeah the right toys/tools are nice. Little overkill with the 20 ton crane, wait what am i saying sounds like fun!! Yeah my cherry picker helped me move around my 7.3 diesel around when i did a swap in it. It made it nice. Any tips on things i should do since i have the frame exposed like this? You should go to the civi PW forum and look at what im hoping to be the new additions to my PW family some rare babies.

Comment

Hi Brian,

Well, re: the frame, I only know from past experience that it is no place to cut corners. By this I mean that the use of proper frame paint, like maybe Imron or equivalent will never be regretted.

I'm doing a partial frame paint on a truck right now and because of economics I know the spray can paint, even though good quality Rustoleum, will look lousy in only a couple of years. I did my Town Wagon in spray can paint on the frame and it held up for about 3-4 years, then .....

So, if you can afford it, go with something really tough and durable.

The biggest issue right now is proper planning as far as I'm concerned. Lay out a solid plan for the future, like WAY down the road, and you can have the hard stuff, that requires the frame off, already done, and done right!

It'll be really nice when it's done, and you'll appreciate the extra effort later.
                    JimmieD

Comment

Working...
                    X