Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land's M37 w/w

Hello, Dodge trucks fans,

If I do this correctly, there should be a pic of my M37 here.

Regards,
    Chris
    Baghdad
    Attached Files

Nice Truck

Chris:
    Very nice truck, have you run into any SVD accessories, scope, stock, canvas covers while you have been over there??????
    James G.

Comment

How Long U Been There?

Hey Chris,
      Your truck looks great, how you been?
      Regards,

Comment

Re: Nice Truck

Originally posted by rumplecat
        Chris:
        Very nice truck, have you run into any SVD accessories, scope, stock, canvas covers while you have been over there??????
        James G.
        James,

I haven't personally run across any of the accessories, but I know that the guys doing cordons and searches come across Dragunovs periodically.

Is the SVD canvas different from the AK47 canvas?

Regards,
        Chris

Comment

Image of M37

Chris;
          Its good to read that you are still OK in Bagdad. I have missed reading your posts. I hope all is well with you. When do you expect to return to Seneca Sc. ? Soon I hope. Are you well?, we all hope so. Thanks For your war service, please try to return safely to us and especially your family.

Do your best to stay out of danger. Carter

Comment

Re: How Long U Been There?

Originally posted by Bruce
            Hey Chris,
            Your truck looks great, how you been?
            Regards,
            Hey, Bruce,

Thanks. I'm doing just fine over here.

I got here in late January, and I'm slated to be out of here in January -- unless we get extended. Our follow-on unit is IDed, so we will probably rotate on schedule. I have corresponded by e-mail with the guy who will probably be doing my job when they get here (I edit the command-information newspaper here -- a weekly that goes all over Iraq).

I miss the ol' Dodge. I took that pic while I was home on my R&R leave in early August. This is the first time I've posted the truck online, I think. The only folks who have seen pictures of it before now, I think, are the people who looked through a small album I took to the 2003 Southern PW Rally in Tennessee (I didn't have a tow vehicle to get the truck to the rally from SC, so I went in my Jeep).

Take care,
            Chris
            Baghdad

Comment

If you rotate back according to schedule, you'll be in plenty of time to PM the M37 prior to heading north to Aberdeen with the 2005 East Coast Convoy!!

It's good to hear that you are doing well, and we all appreciate what you are doing and look forward to your speedy and safe return.

Comment

Re: Re: Nice Truck

Originally posted by Land
                James,

I haven't personally run across any of the accessories, but I know that the guys doing cordons and searches come across Dragunovs periodically.

Is the SVD canvas different from the AK47 canvas?

Regards,
                Chris
                Chris:
                SVD canvas should be longer and taller to accomodate the scope it should cover the scope and rifles action with a buckle to tie it off at the bottom. Glad to hear you are alright.
                James G.

Comment

Re: Re: How Long U Been There?

Hey, Bruce,

Thanks. I'm doing just fine over here.

I got here in late January, and I'm slated to be out of here in January -- unless we get extended. Our follow-on unit is IDed, so we will probably rotate on schedule. I have corresponded by e-mail with the guy who will probably be doing my job when they get here (I edit the command-information newspaper here -- a weekly that goes all over Iraq).

I miss the ol' Dodge. I took that pic while I was home on my R&R leave in early August. This is the first time I've posted the truck online, I think. The only folks who have seen pictures of it before now, I think, are the people who looked through a small album I took to the 2003 Southern PW Rally in Tennessee (I didn't have a tow vehicle to get the truck to the rally from SC, so I went in my Jeep).

Take care,
                  Chris
                  Baghdad
                  Hey Chris,
                  That would be cool if you made to Aberdeen, I will be there, maybe even bring the od godess this time!
                  And like Cabell said "Thanks For Your Service", right or wrong, this war is ours now, be safe!
                  TTYL,

Comment

Re: Image of M37

Originally posted by carter davidson
                    Chris;
                    Its good to read that you are still OK in Bagdad. I have missed reading your posts. I hope all is well with you. When do you expect to return to Seneca Sc. ? Soon I hope. Are you well?, we all hope so. Thanks For your war service, please try to return safely to us and especially your family.

Do your best to stay out of danger. Carter
                    Carter,

Thanks for the message. Looks like we were typing at the same time yesterday.

I'm doing pretty well over here. Thanks for the kind words.

I've missed having as much online time, but it looks like I might be able to get a little more for the next few months (well, actually, I've had a lot of online time here -- just not the "play" kind).

I should be back home in February or March, I figure -- though "home" is now Abbeville, SC, rather than Seneca. We closed on a house while I was home in the town where my wife works (gotta love his 'n' her's mortgages ) ;-) It's about an hour's drive from our old house. Our plan is to rent out the Seneca house after I get back -- and clean all my stuff out of the garage. ;-)

Take care, Carter.

All the best,
                    Chris
                    Baghdad
                    Last edited by Land; 10-19-2004, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGarbee
                      If you rotate back according to schedule, you'll be in plenty of time to PM the M37 prior to heading north to Aberdeen with the 2005 East Coast Convoy!!

It's good to hear that you are doing well, and we all appreciate what you are doing and look forward to your speedy and safe return.
                      Cabell,

I really hope to be able to make the convoy and the Aberdeen show. It looks like a great time, and it'll be great to put more faces with names from here and Joe's site

My dad has been starting up the M37 and my other vehicles for me and running them some (and doing more for me than I can ever adequately thank him for -- he's great). I do hope I'll be home in time to get the M37 ready for the convoy. I'm going to make it one of these years, and I hope it'll be 2005.

I sure enjoy wearing my 2004 East Coast Convoy shirt in the evenings here in Baghdad, and I want to thank you again for sending it.

I hear it's been cool in the Upstate of SC lately -- how's your NC weather been?

Take care,
                      Chris
                      Baghdad
                      Last edited by Land; 10-19-2004, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How Long U Been There?

Originally posted by Bruce
                        Hey Chris,
                        That would be cool if you made to Aberdeen, I will be there, maybe even bring the od godess this time!
                        And like Cabell said "Thanks For Your Service", right or wrong, this war is ours now, be safe!
                        TTYL,
                        Hey, Bruce,

I hope we can both make it to the Aberdeen rally with our trucks. I've wanted to make the convoy since Cabell and the gang came up with the idea, but something has always gotten in the way. I did have the pleasure to meet Cabell and see his great Cummins-powered truck at an American Truck Historical Association get-together at a railroad museum in NC in 2002 or 2003. That was a fun day, and I got to put faces with several names.

I really hope to meet you and see the od goddess one day, too.

Take care,
                        Chris
                        Baghdad
                        Last edited by Land; 10-19-2004, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Nice Truck

Originally posted by rumplecat
                          Chris:
                          SVD canvas should be longer and taller to accomodate the scope it should cover the scope and rifles action with a buckle to tie it off at the bottom. Glad to hear you are alright.
                          James G.
                          James,

We have a few pieces of souvenir canvas around. I'll look through it and see if any looks like the SVD type you describe. I'm pretty sure it's all regular AK47 canvas, though.

Take care,
                          Chris
                          Baghdad

Comment

Cabell,

I really hope to be able to make the convoy and the Aberdeen show. It looks like a great time, and it'll be great to put more faces with names from here and Joe's site

My dad has been starting up the M37 and my other vehicles for me and running them some (and doing more for me than I can ever adequately thank him for -- he's great). I do hope I'll be home in time to get the M37 ready for the convoy. I'm going to make it one of these years, and I hope it'll be 2005.

I sure enjoy wearing my 2004 East Coast Convoy shirt in the evenings here in Baghdad, and I want to thank you again for sending it.

I hear it's been cool in the Upstate of SC lately -- how's your NC weather been?

Take care,
                            Chris
                            Baghdad
                            I remember meeting your father at a show and liking him. It's good to hear that he is taking care of your collection while you are away.

If you can't get your truck ready for the convoy, you can always haul it up on a trailer behind my M35A2C or just ride along (or drive) with me.

Hope that you haven't had to put the "instructions" on the back of the convoy shirt to use. This year, we are thinking about putting a different "sticker" on the back, perhaps the jump start instructions...

Weather has been really nice since we stopped having the weekly Hurrincan remnent/Tropical storm visits.... Currently have highs in the mid to upper seventies with lows in the upper forties to fifties. Sunny or partly cloudy during the days. Perfect weather for me to work outdoors on both the M38 and M37 which are both carrying veterans in this year's parades...

Best wishes,
                            Cabell

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice Truck

James,

We have a few pieces of souvenir canvas around. I'll look through it and see if any looks like the SVD type you describe. I'm pretty sure it's all regular AK47 canvas, though.

Take care,
                              Chris
                              Baghdad
                              Great, Chris maybe we can do some trading!
                              James G.

Comment

Working...
                              X