A few of the trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of the trucks

I've been hanging around all the Dodge forums for quite a while.

Think maybe it's time I joined the the fun.

Here are a few of the Dodge's sitting around the yard.

There are more, but these are the ones I'm either using or working on. Some neat Fords and GMCs out there to. Let me know of anybody wants info or better pics
    Attached Files

Orange M-37.......

Spitting image of my M-37 when I bought it. Same orange paint scheme. High visibilty factor. Looks like the wheel / tire combination is larger than 16" diameter. Thanks for the images Iranch. More please.

Comment

Yep, he ranch.

I love the stepside with the wide meats on it. Looks like you have quite a nice collection going there, and I'll bet they all get used, even more than they were designed for; but that's pretty hard to do with a Dodge!
      JimmieD

Comment

The 59 stepside has quite a story, I've known it since the early sixties and owned it 3 different times.

I just got it back again - in bad need of some serious repairs. Engine stuck, no brakes and/or clutch.

Ihave to go to supper with the kids so more later
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the second pic.

Hmmmm..... you ranch, you've got a nice truck collection, and your kids still want to have Sunday dinner with you. I'd say you're blessed, and maybe it doesn't get any better?
          JimmieD

Comment

You nailed it JimmieD.

About the only thing I could ask for any more is thirty or forty hour days, or a life expectancy of 150 years other wise I'm never going to get every thing done.

Good thing I only have to do the things I enjoy.

To quote Gordon

I hope life never gets too easy, and I hope I only have just enough.

Loved that - thanks Gordon.

Comment

Pictures...

Love these kinds of pictures, keekp em coming...

Gotta love an Orange M37......

Comment

I agree these are great photos.....I know I might catch some flack on this site, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the pics of the GMC's hanging around. I am a Chevy/GMC man at heart, my daily driver is my dad's old 72 GMC...lot of memories in that truck. :)

Comment

Originally posted by iranch
                  You nailed it JimmieD.

About the only thing I could ask for any more is thirty or forty hour days, or a life expectancy of 150 years other wise I'm never going to get every thing done.

Good thing I only have to do the things I enjoy.

To quote Gordon

I hope life never gets too easy, and I hope I only have just enough.

Loved that - thanks Gordon.
                  You are quite welcome; I am pleased whenever I learn that my writing touches someone.
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Hampton
                    I agree these are great photos.....I know I might catch some flack on this site, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the pics of the GMC's hanging around. I am a Chevy/GMC man at heart, my daily driver is my dad's old 72 GMC...lot of memories in that truck. :)
                    You might be interested to know that a long-time subscriber contacted me about the possibility of an article, or a series of articles. He has a 1949 Chevy 1-ton that he did quite a bit of work on, and then proceeded to take on an 8,000 mile trip from Virginia to California and then on to other parts of the country before returning home. He took photos and kept a journal with entries for each day.

I have struggled with this, as the content is very interesting, but the truck is not a Dodge, though he does covet a Power Wagon. I am uncertain as to how the readership would receive this material. I am in the midst of assembling an issue and I think I might raise that very question....

I like old trucks.
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Go for it Gordon, as long as you keep the PW as the main focus.

I'm Dodge crazy and they are #1, but any older 4X4 can get my attention.

Around my place the other brands nearly out number the Dodges.

52 F7 Ford with a Marmon-Harrington conversion
                      51 F4 Ford with a Coleman conversion
                      GTB Ford (Burma Jeep)
                      WWII Deuce (GMC)
                      Korean Deuce (GMC)
                      CJ2 Jeep

2 M37s
                      2 M37 part trucks
                      1 M43
                      59 W200
                      64 W300

Stories or comment on any of the older 4X4s is OK in my book. Dodge may have built the best, but they didn't build the only good trucks.

Comment

Okay, well I've been driving my '67 Dodge D-100 Town Wagon since 1977, and it's sure the best truck I ever owned, or would want to own.

But, that said, the SECOND best truck I ever owned was a '49 Chevy 3/4 long-bed stepside, 3 window, with a 292 Industrial 6 and 4-speed and Posi-Traction. Undeniably bulletproof and still miss it 30 years later!

And another thing: I am really offended by the childish and immature attitude of many manufacturers, sellers, magazines and websites that are so VERY prejudiced against Dodges or some other brand. A little light-hearted kidding is one thing, but vendettas are quite another. So, show them up, Gordon! Kill them with kindness, and an adult attitude.
                        JimmieD

Comment

Go right ahead...........

My feelings won't be hurt by the addition of some other brand of vintage 4x4 and it's exploits in the PWA. I wonder if the cross country trip taker stopped anywhere to check out other old Dodges on the roadside.

Comment

Working...
                          X