no...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no...

NO, not originally a winch truck or tow truck.

its a standard , production, as delivered to the U.S. army in 1941 WC-12 closed cab 4X4 truck.

I added the winch and boom later.

The winch setup is a Weaver 3 ton, 2 speed manual hand-crank unit.

This sucker can pull (or lift) too.

I had to re-enforce under the trucks original style of wood sub-frame with heavy wall sqaure tubing to support the weight and forces the winch would encounter in a tow, or lift.

Neat item..

Just a tip, instead of posting a new thread, you can use the post reply tab at the bottom and it will put the comments in the same area/post...I love your truck though, I would love to see more pics of it.

Comment

yea, I know..

I screwed up and hit the wrong tab.. Twice!

Also, a lot of the pix I have are NOT downloadable here as they are too big.

Ill try for more, though.

Dave

Comment

Sounds good can't wait to see them. Maybe you can resize them in photoshop or any kind of photo program. I think most of the programs that download the pictures to your computer can resize them also...Kev

Comment

Hi Dave,

I have trouble posting pictures for other reasons, but I might have a partial solution for you. There's a freeware program available for download called Irfan View. It's not by any means perfect, but it is quite user friendly and allows for a wealth of tools to manipulate your pictures. With a few clicks you can resize any picture. It receives very good reviews.

It's a small program as well, and you can uninstall if you don't like it. It's always good to first make a backup copy of your pictures to another folder before using these programs, as a minor glitch can wipe out your treasured memories. This applies to any image management program and not specifically to Irfan View.
          JimmieD

Comment

Working...
          X