Rumplecats M37 progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumplecats M37 progress.

My truck started out in an oak grove with about a foot of leaf litter in the back along with the faded beer cans. It was missing the radiator, the engine, and it's electrical system. Also missing was the transfer case, drive shafts, axles, bows, top, side boards. Other than that it was in pretty good shape except for the rot under the head lights, the hole in the floor and the cab back corners totally rusted away. It took me 20 years of restoration and thousands of dollars but now is a daily driver with a solid running engine and drive train.

So, Rumplecat, have patients, do your best and you will be rewarded.
    Attached Files

Nick's progress

Carter;

Reading this post makes me feel better. I have owned my M37 for close to two years now, and I am still not on the road yet. I guess I kinda thought(in the beginning anyway) from reading so many posts where guys had their trucks on the road in 6 months or a year, that I must be doing something wrong. I got over that feeling fairly quickly but I still sometimes feel I should be farther along than I am. I'm at the point right now however that as long as I do something to the truck each week, I'm progressing. I just don't have the life where I can devote tons of hours on my truck each week, so I take what I can get. It'll get there one of these days. Then I'll probably be bored.

Comment

Getting it done

Nick,
      I had a job where I traveled 25% of the time for 15 years. I have a family, I wanted to devote much time to them when I was home. My parents lived 200 miles away and we traveled one weekend a month to visit them. I think I understand when you say this is a slow and steady process. As a result of all the above, it took me 20 years to get where I am with my truck. I'm 60 years old. I started this project when I was 40, prior to that I did a 10 year project on a WW II Dodge WC52. You just have to keep going.
      Carter
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X