Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Old Blue" is our First...

.. M-37

My son Ian (12) and I recovered this rusto ride from near Cle Elum, Washington a few months past.

We're digging into the damage and cancer spots to find out what needs repiared and fixed..

I was thinking of painting "B*O*A*T across her sides..
    As in "Break out another thousand.." :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/nivek_001

If so inclined this above link brings one to the Webshots folders where Old Blue, Ian, myself, neighbors and friends are tearing into her..

Buddy of mine in Portland, OR got me hooked on M-37 when I mentioned I was "too old, too fat" to fit in a Jeep sized vehicle. He brings me out to shop and shows me his 75% or so completed M-37..

Like heroin... First shot free.. Now I'm hooked.. :)

Old Blue is titled as a '51. She has a dealer plate from an outfit in Midway, Washington (visible in pics) that I'd enjoy to find some information on/about.
    Been totally demil'd. shows ever color under the M-series spectrum, AF and Navy Blue, OD, Fire Truck Red on the assorted sheetmetal assemblies.

What I think Ian and I will with Old Blue is clean her up with an off frame fix of cancer and major sheet meatal damage, make the 230-6 work and have it as a good work truck.

We have bought "Rusty Red" from my friend, a more complete military looking ride. Rusty is just a rolling shell, needing powerplant and drive train.
    Figured that this one may do to implant my Chevy V-8/auto/NP 205 into..

Appreciate the Reasonably Knowledgable Individuals here at Forums taking time to post and answer questions for we noobies.

KevinL.
    NE OrYGunn
    Old Blue '51 M-37 WoW
    Rusty '53 M-37 WW
    MVCC-OR
    MVPA 28708

(In the ***? folder is a Hercules JXC powering an industrial compressor. Engine needs a good home in a mil_machine)
Working...
X