Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! Proud new owner of a '65 M37

Hi,
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everybody (thanks Gordon for helping with the actvation).
    This is the second Dodge I've been the proud owner of.
    I just bought this beauty and am going to be using it as my daily work truck.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all
    Regards, Michael
    Attached Files

Truck is in SC right now. Will be shipping it up here shortly. Decided I couldn't miss the work to go get it myself.
    Another pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations!! Saw that on e-bay and thought it looked like a cool vehicle. Good luck with all.

Rob Blair

Comment

Rick Edmisten (the seller) is a great guy. Some of you know him as dr9487. He's made the whole process painless. I expect to find, when I get the truck, that it's in better shape than he stated.

I was showing pictures at church today of the truck. My wife commented that I looked like a proud daddy showing off pictures of his new baby.

Comment

Hi Michael

Well, I guess by now everybody around knows who you are when you`re driving the M37. I hope you`re enjoying it.
            I'm trying to get the paint job completed on my son`s 62 m37. I'll drive it for the next 8 years until he`s old enough to get his license. He wants it blue, so I'm doing it Air Force blue.
            god bless.
            Rick

Comment

I'm loving it. Many happy smiles from me and folks around town. I drive "Old Yeller" daily to jobsites and to pick up materials.

Slowly working around the truck to fix the small rust spots.

The amazing thing is that there is no rust on the underbody. Everything under the undercoating (which is brittle and peeling off) looks like it came from the factory (still OD). Southern trucks are the way to go!

I'm happy for your son, no-one should have to wait until they're my age to get their first M37. ;)

BTW, the front bumper you threw on for me (to replace the one that was cut up for the pump) was originally off an Air Force truck, I believe. I stripped it down to metal and repainted it black. I found yellow, black, red, OD and finally blue paint on it (along with some indecipherable white letters/numbers).

So, in short, I stand by my original statement naming Rick as a great guy, so go buy a truck from him so his son can also have a M37 done up in USMC livery! :)
              Last edited by BobbyMike; 09-25-2005, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X