2 Years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Years.

Got this M37 on Ebay 2 Years ago almost to the day. Did a frame off( restofracation) needs seat belts and wipers, and door mounted spare installed, and it will be finished.Tme to drive.
    Attached Files

Salem Lampworks,

Looks great! We will have to get together one day and compare projects.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

May I ask where did you purchase the white canvas top?

Comment

The top and seats are actually desert tan beechwood canvas made them.In the picture they look white .This pic shows the color a bit closer .
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and outstanding details - looks like you did the whole interior in desert tan? Is the engine and drivetrain stock?

I'm not trying to talk you out of installing a safety feature but IMHO never felt seat belts would be much use at the speeds these trucks go. I am more concerned with a rollover and needing to bail out if I can move that fast when the time comes.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by HWooldridge
            Very nice and outstanding details - looks like you did the whole interior in desert tan? Is the engine and drivetrain stock?

I'm not trying to talk you out of installing a safety feature but IMHO never felt seat belts would be much use at the speeds these trucks go. I am more concerned with a rollover and needing to bail out if I can move that fast when the time comes.

Good job!
            I would politely disagree.
            Seatbelts also help when the guy behind/in front of you is speeding when he hits you. As someone who rolled a Jeep and owes his life(and my passengers) to lapbelts - I tend to prefer them. I actually ordered mine before I got my truck and installed them right away.
            They can also help you when you hit a severe bump/hole/etc by keeping you behind the wheel.
            If you take your M37 off-road, please consider installing a rollbar/rollcage and seatbelts. It's not stock, but it's nice for your relatives/loved ones to be able to come to an open casket service when you die of natural causes instead of the alternative. ;)

Michael

PS If they call the pasty residue the scrape off a plane after a bird hits it Snarge, what would they call someone who got squished by a M37?

...and BTW, very nice truck. I hope mine looks near as good when I've owned it two years.

Comment

Just so you know...

Statistical evidence shows that most people who "bail out" of their vehicles become victimes of being crushed by their own vehicle, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree,...so to speak...= )
              You are far, far safer to be securely belted in and have proper roll protection, than otherwise.
              Not perfectly, historically acurate I agree, but then neither is a crushed Darwin Award Recipient a proper part of the historically accurate restoration....= )
              MN

Comment

Yup...

As has been said before, in 21 years of Law Enforcement, I've never had to unbuckled a dead guy. Wear a belt, stay inside and let the vehicle take all the abuse. Roll bar/cage - extra good idea. I've added old Helicopter (I think) seatbelts to mine (found on e-Bay). WIDE canvas, leather backing behind the goofy buckle, but to the untrained eye, they look stock!! Little dog-leash like clips help you clip them in anywhere, "no mess mounting"!!

Comment

SEAT BELTS A MUST

Don't fool yourself or listen to goofy people who don't recommend belts both lap & shoulder. Your chances of survival are MUCH better if you stay put. Even having thoughts of trying to jump from a vehicle is as we call it here in the south, "plumb stupid." No offense intended, but you need to wake up to reality, maybe strong words will help you get it together.

Comment

seatbelts save lives!
                    now ill add in my 8 years in law enforcement i have unbuckled PLENTY of dead people. but probably less than 1 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by salemlampworks
                      The top and seats are actually desert tan beechwood canvas made them.In the picture they look white .This pic shows the color a bit closer .
                      simply Awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X