My '54 M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '54 M37

The bucket is no longer needed as I no longer have a leaking radiator.

Milsurp:

Nice lookin truck. It doesn't look like ya much to do to it.

Enjoy
    Ugg

Comment

Thanks Ugg. She runs real nice and quiet. The only real dissapointing thing about her is the left rear brake leaks, and if I pump the pedal a few times it seems to have brake pressure until the next time I go to push on the pedal. Also, the instruments don't work except for the battery gauge.

Note: It was converted to 12 volt. :(

Comment

Milsurp:

Just minor issues. Just rip all the wires out from under the dash and start fresh, and get ya an anvil as an anchor (either that or get a good friend to drive in front of you to act as brakes). 8>)

Later
        Ugg

Comment

Brakes

Originally posted by Milsurp
          Thanks Ugg. She runs real nice and quiet. The only real dissapointing thing about her is the left rear brake leaks, and if I pump the pedal a few times it seems to have brake pressure until the next time I go to push on the pedal. Also, the instruments don't work except for the battery gauge.

Note: It was converted to 12 volt. :(
          Sounds like you've got a bad wheel cylinder, same as what I had happen. Time to replace it .

Comment

Nick, when you did replace the wheel cylinder did it remedy the problem? Or did you have to tear into it further?

Comment

Brakes...

It solved my leakage problem, but unfortunately my master cylinder seems to have since gone south. Soon as I get some cash I'm gonna have to replace that.

Comment

Master update...

I recently replaced my master, and all wheel cylinders(over Xmas holiday). Brakes are working pretty well now.

Comment

why are yall having to complete replace the unit? I just bought a rebuily kit and honed it out a little. Are there huge pits in yalls?

Comment

Working...
                  X