1962 Dodge Ambulance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Dodge Ambulance

This ambulance belonged to a friend of mine who recently passed away. These units were apparently built at the Chrysler truck plant in Windsor. I will attempt to find the other picture that shows them sitting at Windsor plant awaiting shipment. If anyone comes across such a truck in their travels I would be interested in it.
    Attached Files

Sorry about your loss, DW.

That truck looks like a 1962-66 D-100 Town wagon. I was told many years ago that some of the bodies were built by Westmark, which was supposedly an American subsidiary of Rolls Royce. That may be one of those trucks.

From what I can see everything looks as stock Town Wagon, except for missing '100' insignia on side of hood, and non-stock hubcaps and the roof cap with the lites. I can't see closely enough but it almost looks like a second roof cap is installed complete with all lighting nacelles etc. A friend of mine deals specifically in fire apparatus and that large light/siren is sometimes found in old collections of miscellaneous equipment or on vintage fire trucks.

The four corner lites and center roofline lites, above sliding window, are unknown to me, as is the insignia badge along the side. They could be fairly easily copied from other existing lights and parts though as some 80's ambulances used very similar corner lites.

Comment

Working...
    X