Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Snow.

Howdy:

Just wanted to share some pictures. The weather people were calling for 1 to 3" of snow. What a job!

Later
    Ugg
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

Still More.
      Attached Files

Comment

Even More.
        Attached Files

Comment

Even Still More.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last One.

BTW, these were taken a day and a half after the snow finished falling, and things kinda packed down a bit. We got a bit over 8".

Ugg
            Attached Files

Comment

And I was expecting to see a snowman, oh well I guess the "Beast" kinda looks like one. Only kidding Ugg. You ought to put her to work pulling folks outta snow banks and such ... now that would be a great sight. I did heard about the weather being bad up that way. Man, I would have a blast in that white stuff. Sorry, but I get excited when I hear about snow ... cause we rarely get any in this part of the country. But it got down to the lower 30's here the other day, but didn't break the freezing mark. Heck, I even had to have the wife mow the yard last weekend (it was in the 80's).

Great Pictures.....

Comment

bosco:

Due to the Beast's age, and the propencity of the IDOT to overkill in the use of salt, once the 1st snow hits, the Beast never leaves Uggville until the spring rains have been going on for a while. I may take it out in the north 40 (HA!) today just to check out it's new tires. On the other hand, my deuce got buried behind a wall of snow as they pushed the snow up around it when plowing the lot it's in. That may make for more interesting pictures.

80 Degrees! Man, that's way to hot for December. How'd ya get the wife to mow? ****, the last time I tried to even get my son to mow, he blew up the tractor. 8>0 The wife mislead me a little about her love for the outdoors before we got hitched. Just a little, like if it's dark out in the country, she has to be inside. Can't/wont deal with the cold or heat. She won't sleep in a tent, doesn't like to hike, loves and wants all kinds of animals, but someone else (me) has to take care of em.

We just had another couple of inches of snow last night. The high yesterday was 17. Everyone in the Ugg household is sick (except the critters). They're saying we might hit the 30's in the next few days. Oh, another plane skidded off a runway last night (but at O'Hare this time), no injuries thank God.

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Salt....

Originally posted by Ugg013
                  bosco:

Due to the Beast's age, and the propencity of the IDOT to overkill in the use of salt, once the 1st snow hits, the Beast never leaves Uggville until the spring rains have been going on for a while.Ugg
                  Must be a nationwide practice. Here in S.E. Pa, we usually get between 18" to 2 feet of snow per year(on average, sometimes a little more), which really isn't all that much. About once every 5 years or so we'll get a Nor'easter come up the coast which will bring a blizzard where we'll get a decent snowfall. It seems though with every snowfall our PennDOT people dump enough salt to saturate the ocean. They are told to lay it on heavy so they can justify their next year's allotment of salt I guess.

I don't blame you for not taking your truck on the road when the snows come. I'm to the point where I'm afraid my shoes will dissolve from walking on so much salt!!!

Comment

Nick:

Ya got that right, so that's why I'm glad we have a nice back yard.

Later
                    Ugg
                    Attached Files

Comment

More Yard.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh:

I noticed while cruisin the north 40, that I have a very unique drivetrain. What I thought was the high/low lever is, but that's also the only time I have 4 wheel drive. I also discovered the reason for my overheating this past summer, the water pump's on it's last leg. It started to make all kinds of noise. Sounds like the bearings are going. 8>(

Later
                          Ugg

Comment

beast in snow

Ugg,
                            If you have the original transfer case in the Beast, then it is a single speed one and the lever is strictly for engaging four wheel drive. Water pumps are easy - just cost money. Looks like a white Christmas for you (I still dare use that word) and I see you know what to do when it does snow. Enjoy!
                            David

Comment

David:

I use BAH HUMBUG myself. ;>) The thing is, when I shift that one single lever, it is noticablly in a different range, as in high/low. My whole drive train (including the engine) is one big Cluster F. Due to MoPar Norm's excellant observation, it was determined that I have a 318 Poly powering the Beast. I have absolutely no idea what type trans I have in it, and won't be able to find out until next spring (the gear pattern defys explanation). What else can ya do with snow but play in it?

Later
                              Ugg

PS: The last shot is my fav. Notice my little girl's head popping up?
                              Last edited by Ugg013; 12-12-2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X