1954 Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Fargo

Does anyone here know if flat fender Fargo Power Wagons are common or rare?
    I have been searching for a Power Wagon for 2 years and finally found one close to home.
    My plans are to rebuild from the ground up. The drive train is in great shape, however the sheet metal is rough.
    I have a box complete with the tailgate but no rear fenders.

I will say they are on the rare side...
    In the last 3 years I have seen pictures of 3. 1 I believe is a crewcab in france or germany...

I'm sure someone else willpipe in and either confirm or destroy what I said...

Pieter

Comment

Fargo PW's

Jake, I'm just a few miles down the lake in Penticton and I have a '55 Fargo PW that I'm chipping away at. You certainly see a lot more Dodges than Fargos, but there's a few of them around, on both sides of the border.

Comment

Hey Mschiller,
        Nice to hear from someone in the area. Does your PW need alot of work?
        Mine could use a new cab, its got a huge dent from the back side.

Thanks
        Jake

Comment

Yes, I've torn it apart and blasted the frame, axles and cab which are now primed, but there's still a lot left before it sees the road again. It's missing the correct box, but I have a couple of others that may do. I also have a '51 that I have to pick up in Manitoba this spring when I get a chance, so I might use it's second series box on the '55.

I may be able to help you out with some cab sheet metal, but unfortunately not a complete cab. Give me a call sometime at 493-7429 or 462-0812.

Comment

Bed demensions

Does anyone out there know of a diagram or maybe some specs for a series 2 Power Wagon bed?
            I am drwawing up the sides and getting them built by a local shop that produces stainless steel tubs. Apparantly they can reproduce the box sides for me. Please let me know of any links or sites that have this kind of info.
            I will let you know what they charge me for this and also post some pics when I actually get my hands on them.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a Fargo I found in Saudi

Comment

Hello Jake and Mschiller! Nice to see there are some folks still slugging it out in God's country, real estate prices notwithstanding! I happen to know of another Fargo near you Jake, but I don't think the guy is willing to sell it yet. I have tried but I think he has been asked more than a few times because he seemed a little upset by the question. If you are ever through Silverton, it is sitting at Silverton Transport just on the other side of the bridge. It is in nice shape but has tripod setup in the box that is used for operating a snow blade with a winch. Easy enough to fix and certainly no barrier to a fellow with a cutting torch and a welder (and no fear!). Mschiller, I would love to stop in and see your project next time I am home to see the family (Penticton, miss those lakes!). I noticed there were a couple of rough looking PW's sitting in the compound next to the New Holland dealer but they were not sure who owned them. They were a little too far gone for me to take a stab at them so if you are interested, maybe they are still there.

Comment

the gang is all here .

There is a 50 PW posted in this weeks buy and sell for 2200 bucks . I would look , but the trip would take about 4 hours and 2 ferry rides and 100 bucks and my day would be shot and you get the idea .

Jake why don't you just pound out the dent or cut out the back and replace it with some new sheet ?

Have you seen what I have done to your old door ? The skin has all the holes filled now and has turned out ok . Pictures are on the carryall thread . I am kinda stuck on the door latch upgrade . The inside door handle works fine as does the new latch . The outside door handle has me stumped . For anyone else considering this my recomendation is to use the originals and wear a seat belt . Much to much work trying to use a different latch .

Mel if you ever get working on your Carryall I am interested in swapping my running boards .

Marty has 2 ARBs for sale .

That is about it . Nice to see some of the B.C. group yacking it up . One of these days I hope to return the help and encouragement many of you have provided over the years .

Take care

Bruce

Comment

Hey 76wagon and bruce,

Thanks for the tip on the Fargo 76, I've been busy at work making machinery for a mill in Germany so I haven't had allot of time lately for my shop at home. I did however get my office in my home shop finished complete with olive drab paint on the walls.
                    I'll be through Silverton this spring on a sales call so I'll look up the PW and take a few pictures and maybe talk with the owner. I've got 5 Power Wagons on the property now and I'm still working on the frame of the first one so unless the deal is to good to refuse I will have to hold off. I could start a dealership I suppose, Hmmm.
                    I've been reading the forum you started on the WC's and the door looks amazing are you sure that door came from my place? LOL . You've certainly put some time and skill into that one. Have you considered an electric door latch kit for your truck?

Comment

first time on powerwagon

I am from nelson bc and have a 1966 fargo 200 with a pto winch. Some of the body has rust and a driver side dent that has to be rebuilt. I am also new to the internet and get lost easy but I would like to rebuild to new but have not been able to find pictures or specs for this particular truck any suggestions

Comment

Fargo Photos

I ran into these photos of a crew cab.

Comment

Hey Martin,

Is your truck a W200, or is it a Flat fender truck?
                          Last edited by Jake; 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X