New To This Site{Here's Mine} 53 M-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To This Site{Here's Mine} 53 M-37

I'm a newbee here,been doin alot of lookin/readin,I've had this 53 for about five years,very low mileage 6537,very little RUST when I got this(had 1/4 inch red paint on it) It's not been hacked on,24 volt still there!! I love this old truck!! Did all the normal rebuilding i.e. Fuel Pump,Brakes,Axle Seals,Tune-Up.Pretty much stock except Paint!! This is a great site Lotta Info To Be Found Here!! (Click on photo)
    Last edited by Gregg; 01-15-2006, 01:38 PM.

Welcome to forums, lotsa good people here. Nice looking truck

Carl

Comment

Hey Carl,
      Thanks for the compliment on my truck,been tryin to get pic posted right.Yeah seems like alot of nice folks here,also spend alot of time at g741.org Fourm.I love seein all the pics of others rides!And all the tech Info is great at both sites.
      {Gregg} [click on photo]
      Last edited by Gregg; 01-15-2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Gregg:

Looks good, although my tastes run to an OD color on MV's. Where in Indiana are ya? Have ya taken it to the Badlands yet?

Later
        Ugg

Comment

Ugg,
          Yeah they look great in O.D. but seems like everybody does that.
          I wanted something a little different,and I had 2 gal of Cat yellow in my shop at the time and was a little short on cash, it was a big decsion to make but when it was done I was very happy with the outcome!!Seems like when a civilan see's O.D. green It's just an old army truck and not too many people would even give it a second look,but with the Cat yellow many people of all ages ask what I driving.I'm in the southern part of Indiana,haven't been to the Badlands yet there are a few firetrails in the Hooiser Nat Forest that are open for Offroading near here.I see that your from the Chicago area.I just sold my 65 4X4 Chevy van to a guy in downtown Chicago heres a pic of it let me know if you ever see it running around town.
          Gregg {click on photo}

Comment

Gregg:

I know what ya mean about costs. As far as just another old army truck, I don't know, my son (and I must confess, me too) get a big kick and laugh watching people rubberneck as we drive by in the Beast, and even the Frog (71 AM General 2.5 ton), however, the Frog is done up in cammo colors. We've had the Beast in a few shows now (mainly so we could get in for free). At this one classic car show, there were swarms of people around the Beast, checking it out, and it still had the dent in the roof, broken windows, and the wrong non military tires on it. I'll let ya know if I spot the van, but I'm north of the city these days by about 30 miles, and I hardly go back.

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Working...
            X