my m-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my m-37

here is a pic of my m37,it is currently powered by a 318 and has powerbrakes,
    Attached Files

Nice Rig

Looks cold in that pic?

Comment

its been pretty cold forthe last week or so ,it was -32 yesterday morning,thats fairly cold for this neck of the woods it gets colder farther north in the interior and on the north slope(up in the arctic circle)
      i am taking advantage of the time off(too cold to work outside) too rewire the m37 completely
      heated shops are great:)

Comment

Nice truck marcus. How long you had her..?

Say, I've got a brother in law up in your neck of the woods. He's near Wasilla ... do you know that area..?

Stay warm and I hope you got a heater in that truck.

Comment

jsut bought it about a month ago,real solid,i got it in the shop right now rewiring it completely,that should get it on the road and i will go from there
          i live in the wasilla area also,i work for the power company so i know the area pretty good
          the truck came from tok area and it gets cold there,the previous owner had it set up pretty well,it has a good heater,but its still bunny boots and gloves when riding around in cold weather

Comment

marcus:

Looks good. Bunny boots and gloves? Sounds like ya need just a bit more heat. ;>) Now does the defroster work?

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Bunny Boots & Gloves

Man do I remember those babies, spent one winter in North Dakota. Not the same, but pretty close I guess? Post some interior shots of your heater/defroster, is it stock unit?
              Stay Warm,

Comment

not the best shot but you can see the defroster,it doesnt blow too hard at the windshield but i will be installing an additional fan inline to get more airflow,either a small fan like used for cooling in electrical appliances,they are dirt cheap and come in many sizes or maybe a exhaust fan for boat bilges,i think the boat one might be the hot ticket
                Attached Files

Comment

the heater is an aftermarket box unit,it works well but they are pretty noisy with the fan in side tthe cab

Comment

Bruce:

I wore Mickey Mouse boots. They were pretty wild. That's when I 1st learned about air layers and stuff. I remember 1st seeing the air fittings in the boots and cracking up thinking it was some kinda joke.

marcus:

Look into some other options at ye olde JC Whitney's (as in jcwhitney(s).com). They might even have some at their seasonal sale site.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

Hanging Pedals?
                      Hey, Marcus, can you tell us anything about the hanging pedal conversion?
                      Thx, Doug

Comment

I DIDN"T Notice

That! Gordon, I'm sorry for the caps, couldn't help myself? Marcus snuck that in on me!<LOL>! ;>)

Comment

i wish i could tell you a little more about the hanging pedal conversion,but it was there when i bought the truck
                          it looks to be a pretty nice job,it has a combination reservoir for the brake and the hydraulic clutch(2 reservoirs in one unit)
                          i have seenthis setup before and i wish i could remember where,maybe a 65 scout i owned when i was a kid?
                          it also has a powerbrake booster mounted under the seat,i would like to know what it came out of in case i ever need to repair
                          i will post some pics later
                          maybe someone out there might have some idea what kind of donor vehicles these came from

Comment

Hydro Vac Booster

My 53 has a Caddy unit, mounted on the mid cross member, behind the driver's seat.

Comment

not the best pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X