Restoration of "Itchy, Brother” 1961 M37B1: 2002-2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of "Itchy, Brother” 1961 M37B1: 2002-2006

Here are a few photos I wanted to share with everyone. I have taken so many ideas and forms of assistance from this forum that I feel I have to give something back. I am no expert in Website creation or anything like that. I just put up a few photos to share. I apologize if the freebie site is less-than-high quality.

Being over here in Salzburg, Austria, I'd just like to say that being associated with this forum has made a huge difference in the conduct of this restoration. thanks to all and enjoy.

http://www.m37b1itchy.zoomshare.com

Thanks for sharing, looks like a nice truck!

Comment

Thanks

Glad to hear you were able to view the pics. Let's hope the Austrian vehicle registration authorities feel the same way! As soon as I have acceptable tires on it and have done the final brake adjustment and alignment work, I should be able to take it in to see about registration as an historic vehicle. Then I'll get some road testing in and see what holds together and what doesn't. Looking forward to that.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sharp

Very nice looking restoration, I sure can see the attention to detail. Keep us posted!

Comment

Thanks, Carl

As they say, the Devil's in the details. Glad you didn't notice that the front two tires are switched around and the tread is in the wrong direction. Or, maybe you're just too kind to mention it. I think I put them on quickly before having to have to roll it around a bit two years ago (!). I'll switch them back when I do the final brake adjustment and steering alignment.

Thanks again, Carl.

Comment

Hi Carl!

Excellent job and a great reward for all your efforts!! Very nice. I agree with you on not getting overly excited by every single detail, but I do appreciate the work of those who are meticulous in their exact resto's. I prefer something that results in a truck I can use as the need arises and "Oh, well...." if it picks up a scratch or two [or worse....]. Mighty fine job there, and I hope the local authorities extend some kindness in the registration stuff. Thanks for posting!

JimmieD

Comment

Hey Carl:

Lookin REAL good there bro! One of the beauty's of ownin a MV is that almost any kinda mod is acceptable, as that's what happened when GI's got ahold of em. We were in the process of droppin a V8 in one (M37) that we had shipped to us, but the motor officer busted us. Your lucky because you can get the NATO NDT tires (much better than the regular NDT's on wet and icy roads) brandy new from Alliance. They won't ship em here to the US. Keep up the good work.

Later
              Ugg

PS: Who has Biggy Rat?

Comment

Biggy Rat's in the Garage

Biggy Rat is my 1943 WC-51 which I purchased last October. Interesting story there. At any rate, the age difference meant that "Itchy, Brother" came first and maybe in a few years "Biggy Rat" will pull up alongside. The comma is my addition, as I'm thinking about a little nose art for later.

On the rear left wheel is (what I believe is) a NATO Tire. Can you confirm? Who's Alliance?

Comment

Ah, a fellow cartoon man......

Carl:

Alliance is a company out of Israel that makes the NATO NDT tires these days. They are a 10 ply NDT with grooves in the lugs so ya don't hydroplane in wet and icy conditions. Since I posted the pictures before, I can't again, so here's a link; http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ead.php?t=3441 . It starts about the 11th post down.

Later
                  Ugg
                  Last edited by Ugg013; 06-18-2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Paul, not Carl

Thanks! I'll check it out. Here, options that I have discovered to date have been minimal so I'll be sure and take a look. On a previous response I wrote "Thanks again, Carl". To Carl. Paul's the name: Paul McLean. Sorry for creating confusion.

Comment

Okay Paul Not Carl.......

My, but that's a loooong name. HA!

Paul:

That's what I thought, but also on a previous post it looked like ya ended it with Carl. McLean, that's not a normal Austrian name. Ya know about Biggy Rat and Itchy Brother, how's about Gidney and Cloyd? Uh Oh, it looks like I'm gettin the MoPar Norm syndrom......

later
                      Ugg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ugg013; 06-18-2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

No, I'm American. Teach here in the American school and have been here 17 years now. I come from Colorado originally.

Comment

Paul:

Cool. Some day I'd like to go back to "Fortress Europe" with a ton of money and visit all those junk yards where they have 1000's of old WW II military equipment, just sitting there rusting away, and bring em "HOME". But then again, I've always been a junkyard kinda guy. You have a lot of access to parts because of what was left behind after the war. Plenty of good people in the hobby/sport too. Take care.

Later
                          Ugg

Comment

Sorry about the mixup, Paul. Sorry about the mixup, Carl. Sorry about the mixup, Ugg.

JimmieD [I think....]

Comment

Working...
                            X