Who owns these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns these?

I saw these in Upland, CA. Anyone know who they belong to. All or at least most were in excellent shape.
    Attached Files

more pix

the last one is of my truck in the Anza Borrego desert two years ago
    Attached Files

Comment

Spelunker:

Looks like someones own private motor pool. HA! You shoulda gotten some better shots of the WW II stuff. That picture of your truck is much more dramatic than what happened to my 1st Durango.

Later
      Ugg
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spelunker
        I saw these in Upland, CA. Anyone know who they belong to. All or at least most were in excellent shape.
        My guess, considering their location, is that they belong to someone who supplies MVs to movies, or to a movie studio. Last guess would be a museum...

Andy

Comment

Hey Mopar Norm,

You must know about these, they are all parked over at cable airport.

Comment

Yo Nammy:

What ya doin, gettin shy about lookin at pictures & not responding? Do they belong to a guy named A. Davis?

Later
            Ugg

Comment

I've been to Cable a few times(10 years ago ha!ha!) and never noticed those, they must be a new addition. I'd lean towards the movie prop theory. Also on Rosemead Blvd, in South El Monte there is a Military Vehicle Museum, the guy is open for tours 3 days a week, you guess which 3 days...= )
              Uggy, the Mrs didn't look too happy in that photo.....
              MN

Comment

Nammy:

Ya noticed. HA! She was actually pretty happy, my passenger was tossed out the window, and the D rolled over him, but he wasn't touched as the suspension held up.

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Owner of record

The ownership of these vehicles is shared between Lou Bircheff and another fellow who works with him.

These ARE in fact, movie rental vehicles, and some in the shots were used in the location shots for Godzilla. Eleven years ago, I bought a Ford GTB to restore from this group of vehicles. What a ride. Had to buy 2 more trucks for parts, then just before finishing, had to sell her due to a move to Oklahoma. I wished I still had her several years, then bought another one here. That one now resides in Southeastern OK, and is owned by the local VFW.

The MVPA held it's last yearly convention in Arkansas, and I was close, so I went. While picking up a bunch of stuff for the new M37, who should I find behind the seller's tables but Lou himself. I asked why he'd come all the way from California, and he just smiled. I guess he doesn't miss many conventions, no matter how far away, and selling at them pays the freight.

Hope this helps clear up the question,
                  Mark Coffin

Comment

Thanks for the follow up! I'm working about 1/2 mile from there right now, I may go by and check them out.

Spelunker, that was it? You've left us hanging for all this time, with no explaination of the last photo!

Comment

I'd really like to have that crewcab if he ever decides to move it.

Comment

Vehicles for sale

t-o-Ross,
                        Lou sometimes does sell vehicles, so contact him. If the price is right, you might just own it! Worst he can say is no.

Mark

Comment

I bought my 12 from him. It looked perfect when I got it from him and tore into it and found everything that was wrong. I also payed to much and now know. Nothing against him I love my truck and the fact that it came from the same base my grandfather served at and may have worked on it and drove it.

Comment

Working...
                          X