my 1942 WC command car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1942 WC command car

here is my 1942 WC 3/4 ton command car, bought in Brownwood TX.

Still working on adding the complete BC-654radio set. Found the correct MP-57 antenna mount and all the radio goodies.

Now have a demilled browning 30 cal on the WW2 installed while in service modified MP-48 dash mount.

Getting there!
    Attached Files

Beautiful..... welcome to the asylum.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

thanks gordon!

Thanks Gordon, but I have already been "committed" to this asylum for years now.

not my first Dodge, but my 4th !!! or is it my 5th???

Anyway, this is my latest and hopefully (or my wifes hope anyway) the last.

Comment

Daveyboy:

SWEET!

So that's a WC 57 that your gonna turn into a 58? I'm jealous.

Later
        Ugg

Comment

well, its more like the wc-56 I turned into a wc-57!!

Comment

Daveboy:

And after ya add the radio it'll be a 58. HA! COOL!

Later
            Ugg

Comment

I need to get more recent pictures.

Recently added a yoke for the 30 cal which I got mounted on what appears to be a field mod MP-48 dash mount. Never seen one like it before on a DODGE anyway.

see here:
              Attached Files

Comment

Hoo-Hahh

Nice vehicle Daveyboy! The mg picture will be worth the wait I hope?

Comment

Daveyboy:

Very interesting. Patton had a 50 mounted on the runningboard of his CC. I think I posted it before so I won't be able to again, so if your interested, email me and I'll send it to ya. If we ever finish the Beast and win the lotto, my son wants that to be our next project, a repo of Patton's CC.

Later
                  Ugg

Comment

yea, me too.

well, thats kinda my next step, the Patton CC I mean.

ya see, I do ww2 re-enacting as well, and a guy in my group, as well as several other groups locally, does a great Patton Impression.

along with my partner MP, and another "officer" aide to Patton, we intend to start showing up at events as a group, the two of us MP's in front, "Patton" and his "aide" in the back.

I already am working on transfering the dash mount to a pedestal mount on the right side fender.

Looking for a 3 star General guidon flag as well.

Wont go so far as to add the air horns, or trumpets though!!

Comment

Armor

Are you going to add some armor? My wife great uncle worked for Patton, he was in charge of the ocupation of the Black Forest.
                      He saved the Lippinzaner horse's, Disney made a movie about him, Robert Taylor played him, Col. Hancock Reed.

Comment

Hey, I Saw That Movie!!!!

Bruce:

That was a cool flick. Don't remember any CC's in it, but I was kust a little whipper snapper then.

Later
                        Ugg

Comment

Well, here are the Browning MG mounted shots I promised

Well, finally got around to building me a pedestal fender step mounted version of the Patton Command Car MG mount.

I removed the M48 dash mount and replaced wit htis mount. MUCH more room in the command car without the gun right in the passengers lap!

Also notice the custom made 3 star generals flag I had made up by a local flag company.

They mistakingly made me TWO (2) flags, (based on earlier email, but I aksed for only one over the phone) and of course they charged me for both!!

If anyone else has a notion of building up a replica of General Pattons' coomand car as I am doing (I think someone mentioned this a while back) and needs one of these flags, just ask. Ill sell ya one of them.

Ill sell it for what it cost me (38 bucks each)

You cant find original flags that easiliy. Maybe never, so I went this route.

Ill post a link to the pictures once I upload to my site (its too big for this site)

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave:

There's a guy in NY that makes and sells 50 cal's for vehicles for parades. He charges $300.00, and that includes pedestal mount and shipping. Also, the flags used were actually not flags but metal placques (at least on tactical vehicles). Drop me an email. Put flag on the subject line so I'll open it. ;>)

Later
                            Ugg

Comment

Working...
                            X