Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggin A Boat Anchor Outta The Mudd

Had some Big Fun This Weekend!!

The angle of the shot and the position of the driver and passenger in the M37 makes for an interesting picture. Hope they're married 'cause they really do look like "one flesh" (not in some kind of sexual way, but looks like their faces are glued together).
    Your truck looks good (as always).

Comment

Interesting (as always with these trucks) that a 3/4 rescued a 2-1/2! They are amazing recovery vehicles.

Comment

Oh man. Seeing that deuce 1/2 brings back memories of my days in the SeaBees. With the front axle's locked in that deuce should be able to navigate that mud. Sure would be fun trying!!

Martin

Comment

In fact I was going to buy one but I couldn't convince my wife to let me keep it at the house. I decided on a Powerwagon instead. Just a little smaller.

Martin

Comment

Yeah, that deuce musta had some mechanical issue, no way it shoulda gotten stuck & a 3/4 pulls it out.

Ugg

Comment

Well Ugg, With what little I know about trucks and construction equip. I did notice a sweet sounding diesel under the hood and as I watched this guy pull out stuck trucks all day long at this local event, with what little I know I saw all wheels locked and turning.Maybe you should take an M-37 out for a good thrashing you might be surprised,and learn something as well.

Comment

Who knows why he got stuck. Maybe driver error or the front axles where not locking. Maybe even incorrect tire preasure. I always found deuce's to be very capable. I Have driven them overloaded pulling trailers on soft beaches and through lots of mud. Sometimes they do get stuck. Once we had to use a Dozer to pull one out of a stream. That deuce just sank. We couldn't even see the pumkin on the front diff. Everything we tried to pull it out would just spin the tires.

Martin

Comment

I Hate Computers~

Half way thru me typin a reply this thing died. Oh well, here I go again.

Hi Gregg:

I have no doubt that M 37 ya pictured did exactly what ya said it did. I have driven M 37's before, many of them. I have driven em places many would fear to tred (a D9 Cat operator once told me he wouldn't go into an area with his cat that I had just driven thru). They are a very capable vehicle. So is a deuce, even more so. Therefore, I tend to agree with liftedservicebed (Martin).

I have also driven many deuce's in various configurations. Martin was a Seabee, and not knowing the time frame of when he was in, may have been able to compare both vehicles side by side in probably more severe conditions than the average GI (also not knowing what his unit specialized in). I was an engineer, and one of the units I was in specialized in road construction.

We'd go to areas before anybody else and build access roads or tank trails (2 different types of construction) to those areas. We'd encounter a wide range of driving obstacles too. I personally know of a M 37 bridge thru a mud hole. A diesel in a M 37 would be a killer. Some of us know of somebody doing just that right now. I was busted by my motor officer for tryin to put a V8 in one of our M 37's. All that bein said, I STILL think those were/are NEAT pictures! Got any more?

Later
                  Ugg

Comment

Working...
                  X