"The Gorilla"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Gorilla"

Hope I resized and attached properly. Here is my recently purchased '55 M37 CDN. Former base truck at CFB Esquimalt (Victoria, BC), stock with complete DND manual and some spare parts. Good runner but needs some TLC. People around town love her (almost as much as I).

Tank
    THE GORILLA 011-1.JPG
    The Gorilla 012-1.JPG
    Attached Files

Tank:

COOL TRUCK! Boy, does that bring back memories. So what are your plans?

Enjoy
    Ugg

Comment

What Ugg Said

Very nice vehicle!
      Last edited by Bruce; 09-17-2006, 03:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I want to keep this truck as a daily driver and use it in the bush as well. Kids to the lake and camping. For now I will be working at refurbishing all systems starting with the brakes. I am trying to learn the issues regarding conversion to disk or maintaining original and I would like to keep her as original as possible so I am leaning toward conversion to a dual master cylinder and stock wheel cylinders and shoes etc. Any suggestions are welcome. All systems have some repairs/ improvements to work on. Eventually, time and money willing, a frame off is the goal. I will be asking many stupid questions so be prepared! Anyone know what the UAP/NAPA part # is for the oil filter element. The one they sent was for a freakin' HINO!!

Cheers,

Tank
        Attached Files

Comment

Tank:

The M37 is a great vehicle as is, but IMHO, under powered. I also have this deep seated religious belief, if a vehicle starts, IT MUST BE ABLE TO STOP! I have a power booster (Hydrovac) on the Beast, and it stops real good. Still, disk is better. Sorry, no info on parts for it.

Enjoy
          Ugg

Comment

1100 Gold

Is the NAPA # I think? It's about $9 bucks......They show up on epay quite a bit, go for $11 + S+H. If no one corrects me, I'll check my larders & parts book.
            One of the first things you oughta get is a Portrayal Press manual or even better the manual comes on a cd, print what you need, grease it up, toss it away. Hard copy is fifty clams, the cd runs 14-19 clams!

Comment

Tank...

Great looking truck you have there and you came to the right place. You'll find a friendly bunch of folks here. Spend some time searching the archives here for more great info. I believe Bruce has provided you with the correct Napa part # for the oil filter. You will also need to check out Cabell Garbee's site (link provided below) for a ton of info related to the M37, including a parts cross reference. These trucks are a lot of fun and easy to work on. Enjoy and welcome.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/

Comment

Originally posted by Tank View Post
                I will be asking many stupid questions so be prepared! Anyone know what the UAP/NAPA part # is for the oil filter element. The one they sent was for a freakin' HINO!!
                Assuming that the oil filter is the same on the 230 and the 251, filter element is NAPA #1100. I think Fram C-21P will also work.

I'm a few years into playing with my M37 - feel free to ask any questions you have!

- Jim

Comment

Let us know if we can help

We have been refurbishing M37's & other M-Series trucks for many years. Check out our web site listed below, many pictures on the photo/client pages along with links you can click on to see the restoration & upgrade process of various trucks. Feel free to call or e-mail questions or any other needs we can offer assistance with. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Oil filter

The Napa oil filter is #1006 but the gasket it comes with is the wrong size.

Comment

Which Is It

Baltimore or Ocean Veiw? I lived in Baltimore for almost 38 years, to to VA 20+ years ago.

Comment

Where I live

I live in baltimore now but am beginning to split my time because I am going to technical school in DE.

Comment

Nice..............

Comment

Working...
                          X