Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Wagon in Australia

Hi Guys,
    Now that I have this photo attachment thing licked I thought I should post a photo of a Power Wagon that is in Australia.The mate that is responsible for me catching the PW disease saw this at a car show held at one of our country towns here.He only got the one photo & I am hopng that it will appear again so I can get more detailed photos.I think the photo speaks for itself.I cannot tell you anything about it or its history but I imagine that you can tell me a few things.
    Enjoy
    Tragic
    Attached Files

Twins, almost

I have a '56 model here waiting in line for a Cummins repower along with complete body & mechanical restoration with updates. The color is almost identical with the exception of black fenders. It belongs to a customer in Alaska.

Comment

Interesting varient...

I wonder where the box came from, as it is not one of the versions found on US Power Wagons. Note the 5 stake pockets....

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks for input

G'Day Charles & Dave,
        Thanks for your input.Dave, Australia seems to have had some variations on the rear cargo areas on the imports.Aussie buyers were particular about what they wanted and the designers had to change some things.Your pickup/light trucks backs had the stake sides or the ute tray with the curled top.I have included an attachment of a ute back that was fitted to a civilian Dodge from the 50s.It allowed higher sides which our farmers preferred.Probably kept the sheep from straying over the side.

I would say that the original Australian buyer wanted that particular back to suit his purposes or that is the way Dodge specified it on the production line for Australia.I haven't been able to find another one out here to compare the various bits and pieces. I couldn't see the ute tray in the picture standing up to the punishment normally inflicted on the PW hence the 5 stake side?
        Regards
        Tragic
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X