71 w500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 w500

I got this truck home in jan this year and its a great truck but it needs a lot of body work and brakes. It has a wery low miles on the meeter and it has been used by an lokal fire department here in Norway.I am planing to do the bodywork and the brake job myself.

From Rune in Norway
    Attached Files

Welcome, and nice looking truck. Are you going to keep the Harley DAvidson logo on the side?

Comment

I am not shure what to do with the truck but its original red and it has been owned by an local firedepartment here in western Norway,so it has always been red ,but the latest ovner ,a mc-club,painet it like it is now and i do nok like it that way,so i probobly have it back to original red.If the box body is in good shape i maybee use the truck as a camper or something.
      Anyone know how many bilt of these trucks ?

Rune,Bergen Norway

Comment

Cool looking truck. Do you have any pictures of the inside?

Comment

Hi Rune!
          Looks like a good candidate for the Truck of The Week photo!
          Do you have a side photo with the hood closed?
          I'd like to see those flames blend in and up the side and over the hood!

Comment

Hi all

i dont have pics from inside yet but will take some ,maybe this weekend and than post them here.
            The front fenders are wery rusty and needs to be replased,and som serios welding in the floor too, so a lot of jobb but it will be a great truck.probobly the only one here in Norway,so thats the main reason for rescuing it,but i am a moparfan with 9 mopars,trucks and cars from 58 to 93.

Rune,Bergen Norway

Comment

Very nice truck, Rune. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

new pics

Hi all!

because of too mutch rust in the frame of the boxbody i have taken off the boxbody from my 71 w500 and can atart all over from framerails.
                I do not have time to work on it this wintwr so i have i stored outside my garage.

From Rune Søvik, Norway

58 fargo 500
                71 dodge w500
                80 dodge w400
                85 dodge w350
                93 dodge w150
                and some other mopar cars
                Attached Files

Comment

more picks

i have taken some pics,more is coming
                  Attached Files

Comment

and here is the rest, for now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rune!

What a great truck! You think it is the only one in Norway? I think it is the only one in the world? Thanks for the great pics.

Glad it is now owned by a Mopar Lover like yourself. You could modify the ambulance section and build a great camper RV for travel.

Have fun with your many Mopar projects and thanks for saving that very special truck.

JimmieD

Comment

You think it is the only in the world? any others here with a truck like this?The ambulance section is cut in small pices and is gone to recykling.
                        I am thinking of bilding a large stepside bed,or modify a pickup bed, from a standard 100/200/300 series, i don`t know yet,have to think of it . there is plenty of work with the rest of the truck, a LOT of rust repair,and brakes.

thanks for all reply.

Rune søvik, Norway

Comment

Rune,
                          Thanks for sharing the pictures of the W500. It will be an awesome truck when you are done with your repair/restoration.
                          I also noted your other Dodge pickup, with the Confederate flag plate on the grill.
                          I am curious, how does someone in Norway end up with the confederate battle flag on their truck's grill?
                          It reminds me of my time in college in Georgia, where they did not have front license plates and so often had the confederate banner there.

Comment

Hi again Rune,

I meant the only one in the world WITH THAT AMBULANCE BODY! I could see that it seemed to have some rust issues, a common problem in your homeland.

Comment

some rust is nice said,i will say rust is a major problem on this truck. nothing is impossible for God and a mekanic,the impossible only takes some more time

Comment

Working...
                              X