Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Dodge Palomino Power Wagon

Here is one for ya....
    Has anyone ever seen a PALOMINO package on a power wagon before? I saved this truck from the demise of a wrecking yard, and have restored it. What do you think? If you have seen anything like this truck before, let me know.
    Sam
    Attached Files

Sam,

Very nice Truck, Great work.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Nope, never seen one but brother, that is one pretty truck!! YIPES!!

Welcome to the forum...and thanks for the pics.

Comment

I remember the ads but that's the first truck I've seen, cool!
        MN

Comment

Great job on your truck. I've only ever seen one with that package but it was a 2 wheel D series. The seat covers are very unique as are the body graphics. Any chance you are bringing it to the VPW rally in Iowa come June?

Comment

Got PALOMINO, and a CTD want another PALOMINO??

Originally posted by palomino View Post
            Here is one for ya....
            Has anyone ever seen a PALOMINO package on a power wagon before? I saved this truck from the demise of a wrecking yard, and have restored it. What do you think? If you have seen anything like this truck before, let me know.
            Sam
            I have a PALOMINO Power Wagon, its a 79 short wheel base w100 as well. There was guy in town here that had two. One two wheel drive long bed and one four wheel drive short bed. I also saved mine from a junk yard, I got mine in Las Vegas a few years back. Nice clean rust free truck but needs some drive train work. Those are the only three that I have seen in person. But there is a guy out in Ca. somewhere that has a few of them, I think 5 or 6 or more. You should get a hold of him. I think mine came out of Ca at one time, it had Ca plates on it when I got it.

You did a very nice job on your truck. Not to many with the SE package, with nicer door panels and pedal dress up kit and all the other do dads, like dual gas tanks not to many short wheel bases like that. One other thing I noticed, I have never seen a pre 80 dodge with plastic inside window trim around the front window and headliner, did you ad that?? I always thought dodge didn't start that till around 87 or 88. Looks very nice either way, just was wondering is all. Where do you live?

Matt

Comment

Sam:

I too remember the ad's. I think I've also seen a few as it DOES look familiar. GOOD WORK!

Later
              Ugg

Comment

Palomino

Thats the first one I've ever seen. Great combination, short bed , 4WD, 4SPD, restored. A keeper. Thanks for the images.

Comment

palomino

Thanks for all the good things! I have 7 total PALOMINO's, and a bunch of other dodge trucks from 75-80, and a couple of 93 cummins dodge trucks. Do you have any pictures of your Palomino that you saved from Vegas? I remember seeing one there in the middle 90's, and then it looked like a nice truck. Anyhow, I will try to post a picture of my restored truck when it was in the wrecking yard.
                  Sam
                  p.s. I would love to get another swb 4x4 with an automatic, have a decent lwb 4x4 Palomino with under 100K miles on it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                    Great job on your truck. I've only ever seen one with that package but it was a 2 wheel D series. The seat covers are very unique as are the body graphics. Any chance you are bringing it to the VPW rally in Iowa come June?
                    I would love to, but I don't think that I will fiancially be able too.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsoldmopars View Post
                      I have a PALOMINO Power Wagon, its a 79 short wheel base w100 as well. There was guy in town here that had two. One two wheel drive long bed and one four wheel drive short bed. I also saved mine from a junk yard, I got mine in Las Vegas a few years back. Nice clean rust free truck but needs some drive train work. Those are the only three that I have seen in person. But there is a guy out in Ca. somewhere that has a few of them, I think 5 or 6 or more. You should get a hold of him. I think mine came out of Ca at one time, it had Ca plates on it when I got it.

You did a very nice job on your truck. Not to many with the SE package, with nicer door panels and pedal dress up kit and all the other do dads, like dual gas tanks not to many short wheel bases like that. One other thing I noticed, I have never seen a pre 80 dodge with plastic inside window trim around the front window and headliner, did you ad that?? I always thought dodge didn't start that till around 87 or 88. Looks very nice either way, just was wondering is all. Where do you live?

Matt
                      Matt....
                      Any luck on the pictures of yours, I am interested in it depending on condition and $$$
                      Sam

Comment

Really AWSOME truck! Hope mine is that clean someday!

R

Comment

Originally posted by hpproron View Post
                          Really AWSOME truck! Hope mine is that clean someday!

R
                          Thanks for the good feedback. I am proud of that truck.
                          Sam

Comment

Sam,

Have you had any luck tracking that one I sent photos of?

Russell

Comment

palomino in nor cal

Russell
                              I haven't been able to track it down. All I know is that it did pass a smog inspection back in may of last year somewhere in Sac. I wish I had someone up in the Sac area to take a look around for it if I can come up with an address on it.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X