Why would anyone want one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone want one of these?

Here is my '69 W500, with only 24000 miles on it. This truck was formerly involved witht the state of Idaho Forest Service Fire Dept. I am planning a winch for the front and a winch for behind the cab, with some modifications to the flatbed, or maybe a custom built flatbed.
    I think those of us who own or want to own one of these trucks is considered by most people to be at least 3 cans short of a full 6-pack. (But we know better, don't we?)
    http://photos.imageevent.com/jerryin...e/IMG_0386.JPG

Jerry:

Why, what's wrong with that truck? Personally it's kinda small, but it still looks sturdy enough.

Later
    Ugg

Comment

Nice truck, Jerry!

Comment

I know why I'd like one. To me they seem the perfect foundation for building a great dual purpose rig. One could modify the flatbed so it's stable but easily removable. As a second component, a chassis mount cabover camper of 18-20 ft fully self contained. Now stuff a Cummins 6 and the right gears in it and you have a great combo for doing serious work or having serious fun. Tires would be a little pricey but other than that you have one capable and unique truck!

Comment

Working...
        X