WWII Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Pictures

Here is a link to some pictures my Grandfather took when he was an engineer in the Pacific
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...athers%20pics/

Tracor12:

COOL! I, er, ah, hope ya don't mind if I borrowed a couple of em.

Thanks
    Ugg

Comment

Thanks for sharing, those are great! Was your granddad in any of the pics?

Comment

no Ugg I really don't as long as they don't get published or sold or claimed to be someone else's work. This is part of my collection I have near 1000 images and can't find time to scan them. The only reason I am saying the part about having them stolen is I like to share my work on photobucket and have noticed them on peoples websites and other photobucket accounts with out my knowledge. Ugg i posted this on Gordons other forum awhile ago. Since i own 2 Wc9s and a 12 my name is Wc9 and 12 owner

Comment

Tractor12:

So THAT'S WHY they looked familiar. HA! Cool to know who ya are too. Naw, I ain't gonna use em for anything but personal enjoyment. I enjoy pictures with equipment as opposed to people shots more for reference type stuff. It goes to prove my theroy that there was no real standard for vehicles as they all were modified in some way once the GI's got their mitts on em.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing them!

Comment

My grandfather joined the Army in Feb. of 41 so I have pictures that early and he was sent to the Harley Davidson school so I have pictures of the school. I took them into a Harley shop Gary Bangs one day and he had never seen anything like them. In the album there are a few pictures of desert maneuvers with all 1/2 ton Dodges. I have had people trying to acquire some of the engineering photos that I have not sold the albums due to family value and to keep them for the next generations

Comment

In the Gallery when you see white lettering next to the image those are US Army classified pictures

Comment

Originally posted by tractor12 View Post
                  In the Gallery when you see white lettering next to the image those are US Army classified pictures

Tractor12:

You mean WERE right? HA!

Later
                  Ugg

Comment

Those are great shots! Anyway to label some of them as to location or is that info unknown?
                    You mentioned being short on time, if you ever want to e-mail any of them to me, I'd be happy to post them at the DTA Image Event "Military" album. The photos at the DTA Album cannot be copied except by permission. I noticed that your album can be copied, perhaps there is away to change your "settings" so that you can protect them better? I'm in the process of scanning old slides from the 50's and 60's, it IS time consuming!
                    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

With photo bucket there is no way to block right click that I know of so I can't block thievery that way but i don't mind if people make them screen savers. All I care about is recognition for the photographer of the picture who was my grandfather. The problem is not posting the pictures but scanning them takes to much time. Maybe during the summer when I have more time between going out on a 2 month cruise to the South Pacific. Ugg I am guessing they were classified. I found all these pictures in a box in a closet at my grandmothers house and sorta walked out the door with them without telling. I then put them in a photo album and returned them but she gave them to me under one condition and that was to scan them all and give out a cd to all my cousins. I also ended up with nearly 4000+ negatives from his time in the army. Most of those negatives where pictures of his trips off base to locations like Yosemite and a few have him and his buddies in uniform posing in the park and most are just nature. I have printed all the pictures that have people in uniform, vehicles, ships, etc and have added them to the binders.

Comment

Mopar Norm i am trying to decide whether going to Tower Park or a reenactment which both fall on the same days. Also the Camp Bob event falls on the same weekend as another reenactment. The funny thing is for the Bob event it is basically on the same base Camp Hunter Ligget that is almost connected to Bob. If I go to any of these events I will bring all 7 of the albums. I am thinking I may roll up to Bob before the weekend to the rally since it is only 30 minutes from my house

Comment

I won't be able to make it this year, but I plan on going to the Power Wagon Rally at Hollister, in Oct.

Comment

Working...
                          X