My fixer upper 79'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fixer upper 79'

Here's a couple of pics of my 79'. I've owned a few of these and think they're great. Tough and tough looking. As you can see it needs a little work, but thats half the fun. Hoping to put the original paint scheme back on once I find a good go by. Looks like the paint used to be almost orange but what throws me is the wheels and "Power Wagon" decals are yellow. So it anybody has one this color in original shape, I'd love to see pics.
    Attached Files

power wagon pics

here is one that I use to own, now it is owned by someone in Arizona.
    Attached Files

Comment

one in kansas somewhere.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey thanks Palomino that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll just need to get the paint codes now. Did they put those on older vehicles like they do newer ones, do you know?

Comment

they should be on the core support near where the battery is at inder the hood.

Comment

Paint Scheme

Another reference for you -- catch an old rerun of the CBS show "Simon & Simon" with Gerald McRaney. The older brother Rick (McRaney) drove a Dodge PW with the orange/black/yellow scheme like those in Palomino's pix. If I remember correctly, that was called the "Macho Wagon" package...

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade05 View Post
              Another reference for you -- catch an old rerun of the CBS show "Simon & Simon" with Gerald McRaney. The older brother Rick (McRaney) drove a Dodge PW with the orange/black/yellow scheme like those in Palomino's pix. If I remember correctly, that was called the "Macho Wagon" package...

Andy
              has Simon & Simon been running on re-runs at a specific time or channel?
              I'd like to watch those shows again...

Pieter

Comment

Simon & Simon

Originally posted by pieter View Post
                has Simon & Simon been running on re-runs at a specific time or channel?
                I'd like to watch those shows again...

Pieter
                They were in syndication awhile back, but I couldn't tell you if they're on still. They might be out on DVD, but I doubt it...

For another look at the original scheme (but not the original color), look at the Macho Wagon in the For Sale forum...

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X