Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corowa Australia

Hi,
    Attached are a couple of photos from the recent Corowa 'GPA swim in'. The event is held on the Murray River over a few days and includes a parade and a 'swim in' of amphibious vehicles such as GPA's.

This year was the 'Year of the staff car and the motorcycle'. Over 160 vehicles attened the event including a number of very nice Dodges.

Cheers.
    Chris
    Attached Files

Chris:

COOL! I already heard about it (briefly) and am waiting very patiently for the promised pictures of that event (from a friend that attended). Here in the US of A, in 2008 in Indy, there's supposed to be a MAJOR ampha vehicle event. They have an annual thing by the LST there, but in 08, folk from all over the world will be bringing their ampha vehicles and stage an invasion.

Later
    Ugg

Comment

Hello Ugg,
      I am Jeannie, Chris.g's fiance. As Chris mentioned, Corowa was great! But he forgot to bring up what I reckon is a feat worth mentioning: my sister Carol and I drove Chris's 1942 Willys Jeep all the way to Corowa - that's a return trip of 1,200klms (approx. 750 miles)!! No wonder we received the 'GPA Swim-In Encouragement Award'. Can't wait until next years event, Chris and I plan to take the Dodge. Cheers, Jeannie

Comment

Cheers Mate!

Hey Chris...Next time you are 'over the Murray' look around for my uncle, Jerry Wilson. He's lived in Murray Bridge for nearly 30 years now and is a real car buff.
        I was lucky enough to visit there about 20 years ago. Great place to live!

I believe he may be driving around a 70's Corvette that he converted to right hand drive several years ago.

Anyhow, good to see something from over the Murray!

Cheers Mate!

Ron Wilson in Texas

Comment

Corowa images

Here is a link to many more Corowa images. Click on what you like, but Corowa 2007 for current images

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v602/amvcs_nsw/?

Bruce McCann

Comment

Chris & or Jeannie:

(As I never know which one of you will answer, HA!) Saw your artical in the MVPA mag. COOL!

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Cheeky buggars

Hey Ugg thanks for the info,

I have yet to see a copy - the cheeky buggers.
              I sent them the story thinking thye may be interested and asked 'if they printed it all I would like is an issue of the magazine...'

Maybe I will email them and ask where my complimentary copy went to...

Cheers
              Chris

Comment

Hey Chris

G'day Chris,

look forward to seeing you and Jeannie real soon.
                i have posted images of my latest work of my truck

http://www.g741.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/...wmode=threaded

http://www.g741.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/...rum=DCForumID1

Comment

Hi Bruce,
                  I'm impressed how quickly you are working.

I am limited to working in daylight hours at the moment, which doesn't leave much time after work!

I am going look at powering up some sort of lighting into the Winter so I can work on the truck into the nights although I have two weeks holidays ahead to make some headway.

Looking forward to seeing the progress in person!

Cheers
                  Chris

Comment

'Nother Bruce

Hey Chris, I just read the blib about "Old Rusty's arrival, lot of slow driving on top of that? You & the Missis are real trooper, thanks for sharing all of your adventures so far.
                    Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.g. View Post
                      Hey Ugg thanks for the info,

I have yet to see a copy - the cheeky buggers.
                      I sent them the story thinking thye may be interested and asked 'if they printed it all I would like is an issue of the magazine...'

Maybe I will email them and ask where my complimentary copy went to...

Cheers
                      Chris

Chris:

The MVPA just AIN'T as cool as our Gordon here. Don't hold your breath.

Later
                      Ugg

Comment

Working...
                      X