My project truck. 75 PW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My project truck. 75 PW.

Figured I'd post a few pics here of my truck. Not pretty at all but it will be hopefully soon.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty nice to me.

Comment

Mark:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks good to me.

ENJOY
      Ugg

Comment

Thanks Andrew and Ugg. I've been working on fixing the neglected areas of the truck. Wish I'd snapped pics of it, the way it looked when I brought it home. The driver side front fender was split from top of wheel arch almost to the top of the fender and the pass. side fender was beginning to split in the same area. The original doors were weak in the hinge area and had a lot of body filler in them. Therefore; the fenders and doors were donated by salvage yard trucks. In the bottom pic: the front of the bed has a huge dent in it (hard to see in the pic). I've got it pulled back out and need to fill in the holes and smooth it over. She's shaping up slowly but surely. The old guy I bought 'er from said he and his son had planned to restore it and never got around to it, so it became his work truck. Hopefully I'll get it done before he passes away so he can see it finished. He lives just down the street from us and walks by our house all the time, so I know he sees the progress.

Mark

Comment

Thought I'd add some pics which I just took of it. I've installed a replacement instrument panel and the glove box door. Painted the dash cap with desert camo tan. Bypassed the Ammeter and installed a volt guage on the left side of the instrument panel. The clock isn't hooked up yet. Need to test it and see if it works first. The speedometer works but shows 10mph under my true speed. Thinking the speedometer drive gear down in the transfer case is wrong for my gear ratio and is causing the difference in speed reading. It has 3.55 gears and I suspect the speedo. gear is for a 3.73 gear.
          The floor pans are rotted so I have replacements waiting to be installed. Want to replace the cab mount bushings before doing the floor pans though.
          Also a pic of one of the door panels I've installed. This set is really nice with no dry rot.

Enjoy the pics,
          Mark

Comment

Pic of the new floor pans.

Comment

Floor Pan

I need a floor pan for a '79 W150, where did you get yours?

Dave

Comment

Dave, the floor pans came from JC Whitney. They are shown on the website but not in the catalog. Cost $48.00 ea. Also on Ebay there is a company that sells them for a starting bid of $63.00/set and $23.00 shipping. Tried to get a set of them but wasn't fast enough on the bidding.

Mark

Comment

Nice, is the instrument panel from JC Whitney also?

Comment

Floor Pans

Thanks, Mark. Found both sources.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 76 power wagon View Post
                      Nice, is the instrument panel from JC Whitney also?
                      No the instrument panel is from Ma Mopar. I pulled it out of a salvage yard truck.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by djester View Post
                        Thanks, Mark. Found both sources.

Dave
                        Glad to help Dave.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X