Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Rusty

Hello,
    Well it has been some time but Old Rusty is getting nearer to becoming an 'Australian' registered truck. Thought I'd post a couple of in progress pictures.

It actually doesn't look like I have done that much.......

White stars and unit numbers to obviously go back. Radios to be reinstalled and new canvas ready to go!

Back end has 1/4 inch steel plate to hold the gamma goat lenses and the turn signals in place.
    Cheers.
    Chris
    Attached Files

Looks good! What kind of tires are those?

Comment

Looks Great!
      Your scenery looks like SoCal!
      Same climate and we don't have to worry about falling off the planet...= )

Comment

The tyres are 38 inch Super Swampers and as for the scenery I live on a little organic vineyard with 2000 acres of native bush surrounding the cottage. Very pleasant.

'Old Rusty' likes his country retirement, even if he is upside down.

Comment

I thought I spotted vineyards!
          Sounds nice!

Comment

vino

bust out the Shiraz!

Comment

You did a really fine job, Chris, looks excellent!

Say, do I see a late 1930's to early 1940's travel trailer there beside it?!

Comment

Hello Jimmie,
                Thanks for your comments. Been away two weeks fishing so havn't been here to reply.

The thing behind the truck is acutally a 1953 Tulloch railway carriage, commonly called a 'red rattler' (painted green). 49 tons, 19 metres.

We use it for an office and an art studio. The carriage is actually quite unique, it operated from 1953 - 1992 and carriage actually had a name - 'The Fish' - still painted on the side.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X