58 W300M in the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 W300M in the air

Finally got around to getting the cab off the 58. It required the use of the 56, and some "creative" engineering of my engine hoist. The frame on the 58 is pretty rough...might need to find a replacement. There are at least 5 cracks in the frame, and some chemical corrosion on the frame below where the battery leaked on it and some point in the distant past. Otherwise it is complete, including the bed and tailgate. The engine needs a rebuild, and there is still a lot of body work to do, but at least now I have the cab on a pallet with some casters on it so I can roll it into the garage when it gets cold in a month or two.

Corrosion from a battery that leaked.

Crack in Frame near rear crossmember

Hey mdvberg,
    Thanks for sharing those awsome pics, all the best on the restoration.

Comment

Mdvberg,
      Just noticed you're located in Salt Lake. I'm in West Jordan and would like to make contact with other local PW owners. Just picked up a '55 myself and always nice to know of other locals. If still around, send a PM or post. Thanks! -Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

I'm still here almost every day, although I don't post as much as I should. My frame is finished except for paint, and I've been collecting parts for when I finally get to putting this thing back together!

The '58 will be getting a Cummins 4BT, which I collected out of a step van this spring. Right now the Cummins is waiting, but at least I can go out and start it up once in a while :)

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...017_171742.mp4

I'll send an email

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X