More of my PW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of my PW

Here is some more pics of my 74 PW, with new wheels and tires(that I scored off CL for $250 they were almost brand new!!)
    Attached Files

the underside...

Some pics from underneath, note on the front driveline the spiral dent....Not of my doing but will have to be repaired or replaced..
    Attached Files

Comment

some more

In this one you can see my custom muffler hack job....not pretty but it works for now till I can have it professionally done....
      Attached Files

Comment

uh i hate tell ya but you suckered on them tires. i dont know what your driving situation is there but they suck in mud, snow, and ice and only marginal in sand, plus they wear pretty bad also.

if you like them then by all means go have fun with it, just saying around here you cant give those away.

just my .02 cents.

Comment

yup what he said / thornbirds completely suck / and get that drive shaft out of there quick / it,ll cut the truck in half if it breaks at speed / l,ve done and seen what it,ll do / it whips around like a lawn mower blade and can cut right thru the sheet metal floor like butter and even bend the frame rails

Comment

Thornbirds suck eh??....well that's good to know, a little late for that now though LOL! But that's ok I was primarily after the wheels anyway, since my stock wheels had the lug nuts coming through the holes and new wheels from the Schwab was going to be about $300 to $350 after mounting and balancing on my old tires....so $250 for the practically new wheels AND tires that were already mounted and balanced was a good deal for me. Besides all that, I don't see too much snow and ice here in the central california valley. I would have to drive up to the mountains for that, and I have yet to put it in 4WD or take the truck off roading because of all the driveline and suspention issues I have to fix first so the truck isn't quite ready for that kind of abuse yet.
            But thanks for the info and heads up!

Comment

$250 for 4 tires and wheels is a good deal even if the tires wear out soon. Never had TB's but stock 16" wheels here cost $50 each at the yard. I'll give you the $50 difference for the tires even if they do suck!

Ditto on the driveshaft replace!!!
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

as far as tb's go just make sure that the guy behind ya when your in the mud knows ya have em because hes gonna find out . had em on my buddies jeep and man do the they throw some mud like chunks . but real nice truck nice find man . wish we could find stuff like at out here .

Comment

Working...
                X