Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/S 1965 W500 parts truck in N.Tx

Basically just cab shell & all the drivetrain. 318poly/NP540/Rockwell T223
    Rockwell-Timken FDS7500 front axle, Rockwell H141 rear, 6.8 ratio.
    Engine NOT locked up, turns over. Brake & clutch pedals both stuck. Hasnt run or been driven in no telling how long. It does roll. No title. Mom/Dad want this gone from their yard lol. I dont have time to part it out. Email offers/questions to buckyrteel at gmail.com or ask questions here.

Asking $600 will help load

Bucky
    Attached Files

More pics. Truck is missing radiator, hood, all glass, all wiring. Its basically a rolling chassis. Still has selectable locking hubs on front axle, which I may sell separate if nobody wants the truck. Transmission & transfer case both shift fine & turn over.

Bucky
    Attached Files

Comment

Would you sell the cab?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block 'Wagon View Post
        Would you sell the cab?
        Certainly. The floors are good. The back of cab is beat in from I suppose shifting cargo.

I did have more pictures, but my laptop crashed and I using a borrowed one.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
          Certainly. The floors are good. The back of cab is beat in from I suppose shifting cargo.

I did have more pictures, but my laptop crashed and I using a borrowed one.

Bucky

How much would we be looking at for the complete cab? Doors included. Id have to ship it from wherever your located, to Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block 'Wagon View Post
            How much would we be looking at for the complete cab? Doors included. Id have to ship it from wherever your located, to Massachusetts.
            I don't think shipping from Texas to Mass would be feasible financially. You best bet would be to get a parts truck within driving distance. It may take a while, especially given the propensity of NE trucks to be rusty, but one will turn up.

Now if you show up in Tx with a trailer, I can hook you up for $100 or so.

Thanks,
            Bucky

Comment

Hey, have you still got this thing? I'm mostly interested in the transmission but for $600 I'd take the whole thing if it'll fit on my trailer. Some of the cab parts will make good spares for the 68 W300 I want the tranny for. I'm in Texas so pick up shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Comment

Yes Aaron, its still there same as pictured. Located in Pottsboro, Tx 75076 near the TX-OK border.

While size of trailer do you have? These trucks are wider (heavier too) than a typical 1-ton dually.

Bucky

Comment

My trailer is a 20' gooseneck, 18' deck with a 2' dovetail. But the deck is between the wheels instead of over them so its only 82" wide and the ramps fold up so overhang is an issue. It is triple axle and rated for 15,500 so I don't think the weight will be an issue, just the size. I know the outside duals will have to come off, and even then would be a tight fit if it will go.

Comment

The truck has 175" wheelbase. You are good on handling the weight. How high above the deck is the fenders? We might be able to stack some planks & have the trucks wheels elevated enough to clear them, just to get them up towards the front of the trailer. Thats how my W600 was shipped..... then again still not sure if you're wide enough for the truck to ride.

Removing the outer rear wheels actually makes the rear track narrower than the front.

I can get you some measurements in a few days if needed.

Thanks,
                    Bucky

Comment

Bucky, did you get around to pulling that 205 t-case, that goes with that winch from earlier this year? Thanks Doug Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
                        Bucky, did you get around to pulling that 205 t-case, that goes with that winch from earlier this year? Thanks Doug Ryan
                        Yes, it is all removed & waiting for ya.

Bucky

Comment

Bucky, thanks, I'll start pushing my buddy down in Crosby! Doug

Comment

The fenders on the trailer are 10" over the deck and the start right at the dovetail, so I don't know how well stacking planks would work... but it might. Measurements would be great if you're going to be over there anyway, but there's no need to go out of your way on my account. I'm not in a big hurry, and if it won't fit paying someone else to haul it down to Kerrville or Pipe Creek isn't really in my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S View Post
                              The fenders on the trailer are 10" over the deck and the start right at the dovetail, so I don't know how well stacking planks would work... but it might. Measurements would be great if you're going to be over there anyway, but there's no need to go out of your way on my account. I'm not in a big hurry, and if it won't fit paying someone else to haul it down to Kerrville or Pipe Creek isn't really in my budget.
                              I will take measurements (tomorrow) off on my W600 (its here locally). It is same width as the W500.

By far the biggest deterant to dealing with W500's is the sheer expense of transportation costs. They are tall, wide, long & heavy. Plus even if they are in perfect running order, they are too slow to drive any great distance.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                              X