PW Speedometer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW Speedometer.

Forgive me, I don't know the year/s it will fit.

It's been disassembled, cleaned, repainted, refaced, adjusted and lubed.
    Spins nicely.

The inside and outside trim bezels are a dark slate color, not green (don't know why it looks that way).

I also sell new vinyl gauge face decals for the same PW.

I started making decals for the '48-'53 Pilot House Dodges and it's kinda snowballed. :D

$100 + shipping for the speedo.
    $50 and free shipping for the gauge decals.

Thanks for lookin'!

$65 + shipping for the speedo.

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Speedometer faceplate rivets

Searching this forum for information on removing the faceplate on the speedometer type pictured here that you sold a couple years ago.

Figure the (4) hollow rivets can be drilled out, but not sure what to use for the new rivets or what tool to use to install them when re-assembling.

Can you offer information on this?

Thank you.

Comment

Mark,
          These are what I use.

Keven

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400585787294?lpid=82

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400641128037?lpid=82

Comment

Good Evening Kevin,

Have ordered both.

Thank you for your expedient, informative, & helpful reply.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Hello Kevin,

Now have the 1/4" eyelets you linked me to & used to re-assemble your speedometer. Noticed that they are larger than the OEM eyelets which appear to be 7/32" diameter. Your image looks like the OEM size. Was this an issue for you? Did you increase the speedometer holes to accept the 1/4" eyelets?

Comment

I used a 17/64" drill bit to remove the originals thus making the 1/4" eyelets easy to use.

I see you're in Napa. Mark this BBQ on your calendar for next year.
                  http://p15-d24.com/topic/34735-7th-a...q/?hl=clements

Keven

Comment

Thanks for the drill bit size. Have got the unit taken apart. Several mud wasp nests inside. Cleaned them out & lubed the mechanism that the speedometer cable attaches to. That now spins freely & it all seems to work. Will repaint the flaked off light green on the inside of the shell.

The one thing that needs to be replaced is the dark red plastic piece that is under the black cap with a hole in it that is pressed over the raised tube that holds the light socket for the high beam indicator. Cannot get the pressed on black cap off. Did you have to replace this red plastic piece on your unit? If so, what did you use?

Also, have noted the event you linked.

Your prompt responses on this thread have been greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
                    Last edited by Mark Palmer; 06-07-2014, 08:14 PM. Reason: Added Response

Comment

You're welcome. Turn the speedo case on it's face and use a flat tipped screwdriver and hammer to knock the pressed piece off. I use a piece of
                      red painted plastic to replace the damaged red lens.

Hope that made sense. LOL

Comment

Well, it's been 6 1/2 months since this thread was active. Speedometer is finished & installed. Everything seems to work very well. Used two layers of red acrylic sheet for the high beam indicator. It shows quite well. Also painted the inside of the housing with matched OEM color. The housing was full of mud wasp nests & spider webs which prevented any of the mechanisms from operating. Don't have power in the truck yet, but the lighting looks good from a flashlight in the bulb holes. Tried to upload a couple pictures of it,, but kept getting a "Upload of file failed" error. Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

Working...
                        X