Need bell housing for 440 engine with NP435 trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need bell housing for 440 engine with NP435 trans

I'm replacing my 360 engine with a 440 engine in my 1975 W200 crew cab and need a bell housing, flywheel, clutch fork, throwout bearing assy. and other associated parts that are necessary for this conversion. Thanks!

I will be removing a 440 from one of my trucks in the next 2 wks hopefully. I will have all the parts you need, if someone else doesnt already have some available.

Where are you located? I'm in Texas.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks, Bucky!

I'm in southern Illinois, but I don't mind paying shipping charges and you for your time in packaging it all up. I'm not in a big hurry, so 2-3 weeks from now will be great. I plan to be at the rally in Iowa in June, so if you are going, that might also be an alternative way to get the parts. Thanks again and let me know when would be a good time to call you and discuss further. I might also be interested in some other parts you may have available if you are parting out a 440 truck.

Comment

Let me give you a run down of what I have and what I'm doing. My 78 W200 club cab was originally a 440/727/203 truck with Dana 60's. Over the years I swapped engines, trannys & t-cases to get it to its current state, which is 440/435 with divorced 205 & LU-2 PTO. I am pulling the 440 to put into my W600 with a NP540. I have all the parts to do this..... I think I have a potential buyer on RCC for the truck as a rolling chassis, including the t-case/PTO winch. This leaves me with a NP435 tranny, big block bell, T/O bearing, clutch fork/Z-bar, virtually new PP & 12" clutch disc & 143 tooth neutral balance flywheel to get rid off. None of this would work with the NP540, at least not in the W600.

I will be in touch.

Bucky

Comment

Bell housing and other parts

Bucky: I am probably interested in everything. My NP435 needs to be rebuilt, so if yours is in decent shape and it will mate up with my "married" transfer case, that could be a better option for me than doing a rebuild on my transmission. I would also be able to use the clutch and PP assy as I will have to go purchase one anyway. Let me know what you want for the whole setup and if you are able to deliver to the Iowa rally in June. You can reach me via email at dcoston@frontier.com . Thanks again!

Comment

I will let you know when the parts are out. I am almost certain I won't be going to the rally.

I did notice that in the May issue of PWA there is an individual who has some 440 engines f/s. Area code is 916 which shows to be N California. The ad is for 71 W300 but engines/parts are listed in same ad.

Bucky

Comment

I have removed my tranny & got the parts all laid out. I have a picture & will email them to you. My NP435 tranny is originally out of a 2wd & you wouldn't gain anything by attempting to use it with a married t-case, same amount of work involved as rebuilding yours.

My bellhousing is #3487272 cast iron
              Flywheel is #2843214 143 tooth neutral balance 14.56" ring dia.
              Clutch disc is 12" with 23 spline input. Pressure plate is only 3-4 yrs old & has virtually no miles, but one of the springs has hopped out of place. Either needs to come apart to correct or just get a new one. Probably best to always use new disc & p/p anyways.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
              X