78 Parts truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 Parts truck

I recently purchased a 1978 W150 Adventurer SE conv cab short bed PW that has a 440 engine which I plan to remove and install in my '75 W200 Crew Cab. I have only seen the truck in pictures at this point but it was sold to me as having 82,xxx miles on it with rust issues in the floors, rockers and other places. I will have it at the Iowa Rally in June and I plan to offer for sale at that time, most of the interior and exterior trim parts which appear to be in pretty decent shape. Also will be selling the grill, bumpers and other parts that I can remove while still keeping it as a running truck until I get around to removing the engine. After that, (likely late summer) the tranny and most of the drive train parts will also be for sale along with what's left of the rest of the truck (not the transfer case). If you are interested in any of this, look me up at the Rally, maybe we can do some dealing and you can save some shipping $$.
    Attached Files

That looks almost to nice to cut up. My first truck was a 78 Club Cab W250 in that trim level but opposite of this color scheme. I don't know of anything I need in particular but I'll check it out.

Comment

78 grill

Over the past few years the 78 grill has grown to become my favorite grill from the 70s era trucks
      Is that the bumper youre getting for the Rose? The little bumper bumpers are a nice detail. That paint scheme on that 78 seems similar to the paint scheme you proposed for the Rose.
      Last edited by 74w300uteline; 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM. Reason: Omission

Comment

No I'm getting the one from his 75. I don't know if those bumper guards will fit the 75 bumper but we could check. As I wrote in the other post that is what I'm thinking only reverse the red and silver and you've got it. If there were trim for the back doors I'd take all that trim for the Rose and it would be like my old 78. Biggest problem is the weld on studs that hold it on and the plastic clips that break removing the trim. They are hard to find anymore from what I've read. I'm going with pin stripes instead to break up the paint line. Now it's a matter of time and $$$$.

Comment

Bumper pads

I'm pretty sure the bumpers are the same with the '75 and '78 so the bumper pads from the '78 bumper should fit the '75 bumper. If you are interested in them, we can see what kind of condition they are in when I get to Iowa and see the truck, then come to terms on a price. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X