Military 230 Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military 230 Block

WTB/WTT Military (M37) block. Within driving distance Northern WV. i.e. Eastern OH, Western MD, VA. or almost anywhere in PA.

Thanks,

Mike

I am curious to know how the Military blocks and related parts are different than the civilian ones.. as well as how they would be different than the industrial engines?

Comment

I saw another thread here recently raising that same question. I can't remember just now where. It was in the last week or two.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Military channel

Gunny mentioned something about nickle making the engines super durable

Comment

T-245 Blocks

Not sure about the differences in the metal composition. The easiest way to tell the difference besides the T-245 number is the oil fill pipe is bolted to the block where on the civilian blocks the fill tube is pressed into the block. The military engines use an oil pump with an off set drive slot for the distributor so these 2 items are different also.

Comment

Originally posted by mozark View Post
            WTB/WTT Military (M37) block. Within driving distance Northern WV. i.e. Eastern OH, Western MD, VA. or almost anywhere in PA.
            Thanks,
            Mike
            I am in southern Maryland, a little more of a drive but not too bad.
            I have a military M37 engine. It turns over and has the oil filter modification too, with a spin on. It is out of the truck on a dolly.
            I am repowering my truck so don't need this one. It is not running but is not stuck; I could turn it over by hand the last time I checked.

Comment

m37 engine

hi doc, am looking to resotre to full mil spec my 52 m37, need another engine , what sort of condition is this one of yours?
              t

Comment

Ted,
                I am on a short vacation now. When I get back this coming weekend I can send you some pics.
                What is your email address?
                Where are you located.
                As I mentioned it was free when I checked it. The truck was a VFD brush truck, so probably the engine is low mileage but I am not sure.
                Dave

Comment

m37 engine

hi mate, am in the kootenays canada, email address is
                  tedf@cbs-i.co.uk

look forward to pix and info.
                  best
                  t

Comment

Working...
                  X