PTO cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO cover

I bought an M-37 parts truck awhile back; it had a winch. Sold the winch setup PTO included. Now I would like to sell the transmission but don't have a spare PTO cover. Anybody have one they could part with?

DodgeM37@aol.com

PTO Cover

Hi Denis, If nobody close to you has one, you should be able to get one from any driveline supplier or possibly auto parts store. SAE 6 bolt and gasket sets are standard for many ptos.

Jess

Comment

PTO Cover

I did check at a few places but the only covers they had were flat. The PTO covers on the 420 transmissions are not flat.

Comment

SAE 6 Bolt PTO Cover

If you look closely at the pto port on the trans, its a flat mounting surface. The gasket surface on the plate is slightly raised from the rest of the cover, making it look like its not flat. These are SAE standards used on many transmissions and readily available. I have done this on one of my M37's after the pto was moved to another truck. The photos on this link should show what I'm trying to explain.

http://www.jobrated.com/10_tranny_id_pics.html

Jess

Comment

PTO Cover

Jess;

You are correct, a flat cover will work. I check my trans this morning. Some how I seemed to remember that a gear stuck out a bit beyond the tranmission case; I must have been thinking of the PTO itself.

Comment

Working...
          X